30D upgrade! Woo hoo!

TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
edited March 7, 2007 in Cameras
I'm not too well known here yet, but reading posts and replies to mine I feel like a lot of you are friends ( or at least friendly :wink ), so I had to shout my joy somewhere and dgrin is my home away from meatspace.

I just made a deal with a guy in my local club for a 30D with 230 clicks on it, battery grip, extra battery and RRS L bracket for $1000! I am so psyched. My skillz and eye need a lot of work, but this upgrade just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Wa hooooo! :clap
Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited March 1, 2007
    Terrence wrote:

I just made a deal with a guy in my local club for a 30D ... this upgrade just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Wa hooooo! clap.gif

Congratulations! The 30D is a great camera. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Canon_guyCanon_guy Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 2, 2007
    great camera.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Terrence,
    Terrence wrote:
    I just made a deal with a guy in my local club for a 30D with 230 clicks on it, battery grip, extra battery and RRS L bracket for $1000!
    What a sweet-sweet deal! Congratulations! clap.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    What a sweet-sweet deal! Congratulations! clap.gif
    15524779-Ti.gifthumb.gif
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Terrence wrote:
    I'm not too well known here yet, but reading posts and replies to mine I feel like a lot of you are friends ( or at least friendly mwink.gif ), so I had to shout my joy somewhere and dgrin is my home away from meatspace.

I just made a deal with a guy in my local club for a 30D with 230 clicks on it, battery grip, extra battery and RRS L bracket for $1000! I am so psyched. My skillz and eye need a lot of work, but this upgrade just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Wa hooooo! clap.gif

Congratulations Terrence..... so your about to flood us with images from your new cam are you rolleyes1.gif all the best, happy shooting .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Congratulations Terrence..... so your about to flood us with images from your new cam are you rolleyes1.gif all the best, happy shooting .... Skippy :D

Heck yeah. I just had sinus surgery today, so as soon as I'm over that I need to get in the field and start clicking!
    Terrence

My photos

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2007
    Congratulations! I upgraded to the 30D last November - you won't be disappointed. We'll have to get together and do some shooting soon.
  • TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    moose135 wrote:
    Congratulations! I upgraded to the 30D last November - you won't be disappointed. We'll have to get together and do some shooting soon.

Definitely. I need to get out and capture some of the big birds you're getting.
    Terrence

My photos

• PindyPindy Registered Users Posts: 1,089 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    Been thinking about this same upgrade, but part of me wants to know when the successor will come. If I buy used, it won't sting as bad if the 40D is announced in the next 6 months.
  • rosselliotrosselliot Registered Users Posts: 702 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    Pindy wrote:
    Been thinking about this same upgrade, but part of me wants to know when the successor will come. If I buy used, it won't sting as bad if the 40D is announced in the next 6 months.

Pindy:
    you wouldn't regret upgrading. someone told me, when I bought my MacBook Pro, that I need to buy, pay whatever you can for the best one and never look at apple's site again until you want to buy another one. it's the same with cameras, buy what you want, NOW, and don't regret it when something new comes out later, you still have an AMAZING camera! plus, 6 months is a long time, I'd get the 30D now, then if they announce something later, you can still use the 30D for a bout 8 more months and be perfectly amazed at it, then you buy it's successor when the price comes down. you wouldn't want to buy the 40D right when it comes out anyway, it'll be terribly overpriced for the first few months.

either way, congratulations, Terrence!!!! you'll absolutely love the new gear! welcome to the club.

- RE
    www.rossfrazier.com
    www.rossfrazier.com/blog

My Equipment:
    Canon EOS 5D w/ battery grip
    Backup Canon EOS 30D | Canon 28 f/1.8 | Canon 24 f/1.4L Canon 50mm f/1.4 | Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DI Macro | Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L | Canon 580 EX II Flash and Canon 550 EX Flash
    Apple MacBook Pro with dual 24" monitors
    Domke F-802 bag and a Shootsac by Jessica Claire
    Infiniti QX4