Getting Ready For Spring Photos

vandecarrvandecarr Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
edited March 2, 2007 in People
Thanks for looking,
Mike

Comments

• RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    IMHO, I think the lamp is distracting. It looks like it wasn't thought about before hand, and accidently ended up in the shot.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    If you got rid of the lamp..could you show the whole trunk...now that would be great.

Good work as it is tho......but the lamp really needs to go ne_nau.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• vandecarrvandecarr Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    thanks guys, these are not finished or sharpened yet so I could still crop.

Thanks again
    Mike
  • gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    I agree with the lamp. And your skin tones are all over the place. Did you shoot this with any kind of lighting or was the lamp your main source. Oh and one more thing, kid photos that have the most impact to me are the ones where their eyes are featured. You have to show us that innocence.

Lex
    http://www.reverbphotography.com
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    Nikkor 80-200 AF-D ED f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
    Elinchrome Skyport Triggers
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    My main suggestion would be to get rid of the muslin - it dates your photos!
    edited March 1, 2007
    Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it.

For the lamp, mom wanted it in the photo????? I was shooting this in a house where the room was about 9x10....fairly small and using a 50mm lens. I could have changed it but I wasn't prepared, the only other lens I had with me was a 100mm (yeah, I only use primes)

Anyway, The lamp was not the only light source. some shots it was on and some it was off...again, mom being creative???? it was against my judgement but oh well.

The skin tones very here because I was asked to produce black and white, sepia, washed out, selective color, cross processing, and God knows what else.

I sent her the proofs similar to what was here and then cropped and fixed up and it paid off.

She took the cropped ones and placed a nice big order.

Thanks again,
    Mike V
  • gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    No offense but these would have called for a reshoot on my part. These wouldn't have even made it to my "to do" folder. I'm wondering what market you're in since I remember one of your posts saying you're a paid professional. Again no offense but these just scream out point and shoot to me.

I guess i'm just very particular as to what I let my clients see. If I'm not happy with it they don't get to see it.

Lex
    http://www.reverbphotography.com
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    Nikkor 80-200 AF-D ED f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
    Elinchrome Skyport Triggers
    edited March 2, 2007
    yeah...ummmm.....as I said, the mom wanted this set up, she thought she was creative and onto something.

If you took the time to read what I typed earlier you would have seen that. It was against my better judgement but she wanted it like this, go figure?

If it were up to me it would have been VERY different, which is why I posted them here to see what you guys thought, I was reluctent to post them for this reason but what the heck, It ended up worth it even though I do not like the results, the customer did.

I work in the Chicago area and do very well.

Cheers,
    Mike V