Email erratic

DavidKlDavidKl Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
edited March 2, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have the email setting on but am not getting all emails when someone signs the guestbook.
www.kleinpix.com

Is there something else I need to set or check?
Thanks.
David

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    DavidKl wrote:
    I have the email setting on but am not getting all emails when someone signs the guestbook.
    www.kleinpix.com

Is there something else I need to set or check?
    Thanks.
    David
    Do you mean comment notifications? Are you sure they aren't being filtered by your spam filter, or by your email provider?

I just left a comment for you.
  • DavidKlDavidKl Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Do you mean comment notifications? Are you sure they aren't being filtered by your spam filter, or by your email provider?

I just left a comment for you.

Hi Andy,
    Got your email from the gallery, but only got 1 other email from the other 4-5 comments so the email isn't being filtered...
    edited March 1, 2007
    DavidKl wrote:
    Hi Andy,
    Got your email from the gallery, but only got 1 other email from the other 4-5 comments so the email isn't being filtered...
    Don't know what to say, David. Mails are working. Check your mail provider, be sure they aren't blocking stuff?
    edited March 1, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Don't know what to say, David. Mails are working. Check your mail provider, be sure they aren't blocking stuff?

But I just put in a test comment after yours (then deleted it) and didn't get an email? Not too concerned with the comments ... more concerned with sales notification...
    edited March 2, 2007
    DavidKl wrote:
    But I just put in a test comment after yours (then deleted it) and didn't get an email? Not too concerned with the comments ... more concerned with sales notification...
    Are you getting your sales notifications? You didn't mention anything about that, till now.
    edited March 2, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Are you getting your sales notifications? You didn't mention anything about that, till now.

Just went live this week and did get the emails so far. I just don't understand why it's inconsistent. All my other email seems to be working fine...
    edited March 2, 2007
    DavidKl wrote:
    Just went live this week and did get the emails so far. I just don't understand why it's inconsistent. All my other email seems to be working fine...
    Have you contacted your email provider, and also, who is your provider?
    edited March 2, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Have you contacted your email provider, and also, who is your provider?

Network Solutions. I will contact them but they'll ask if I'm having a problem from anywhere else other than this application and the answer is no. I just did a test a minute ago: I emailed from an email client to dklein@kleinpix.com and got it and added a comment to the gallery and did not.
    edited March 2, 2007
    DavidKl wrote:
    Network Solutions. I will contact them but they'll ask if I'm having a problem from anywhere else other than this application and the answer is no. I just did a test a minute ago: I emailed from an email client to dklein@kleinpix.com and got it and added a comment to the gallery and did not.
    David, send them the full headers of the email, and ask.

The feature is working as intended, but there could be corner cases where email providers are blocking. It just happened with Godaddy.
    edited March 2, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    David, send them the full headers of the email, and ask.

The feature is working as intended, but there could be corner cases where email providers are blocking. It just happened with Godaddy.

Not sure what you mean to send the full headers - where do I get that from. And what are corner cases?
    edited March 2, 2007
    DavidKl wrote:
    Not sure what you mean to send the full headers - where do I get that from. And what are corner cases?
    David, just send a copy of a comment email that you DID get, to your email provider - they'll know what to do.

Thanks!
    edited March 2, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    David, just send a copy of a comment email that you DID get, to your email provider - they'll know what to do.

Thanks!
    When smugmug sends an email, does they have multiple servers with multiple IPs or just one? (Network solutions is asking me this).
    edited March 2, 2007
    DavidKl wrote:
    When smugmug sends an email, does they have multiple servers with multiple IPs or just one? (Network solutions is asking me this).
    they come from the same server.
    edited March 2, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    they come from the same server.

Andy,
    Do you check for bounce-back messages? (question from network solutions))
    edited March 2, 2007
    DavidKl wrote:
    Andy,
    Do you check for bounce-back messages? (question from network solutions))
    I don't know. But since it's automated, and we are talking about millions of messages, I'm pretty sure we don't.
    edited March 2, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I don't know. But since it's automated, and we are talking about millions of messages, I'm pretty sure we don't.
    Is there a way to get the timestamp on a comment - for example:
    6. Judy wrote about this gallery on Feb 27th

Love the photos, especially the sunrises and snowboarders. Good luck - it looks like you really love what you do!

I never got an email for this. Network Solutions would like to trace it in their logs but need a more specific time frame than Feb 27.
    edited March 2, 2007
    DavidKl wrote:
    Is there a way to get the timestamp on a comment - for example:
    6. Judy wrote about this gallery on Feb 27th

Love the photos, especially the sunrises and snowboarders. Good luck - it looks like you really love what you do!

I never got an email for this. Network Solutions would like to trace it in their logs but need a more specific time frame than Feb 27.
    no, I'm sorry.