Options

A head for heights

limey-glimey-g Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited March 5, 2007 in People
Hydro men working a top a hydro tower that goes across my land.
Geoff

Comments

• Options
    bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    It's when I look at shots like this one that I am glad that I have a white collar desk jockey type job!

Great capture, at what focal length was this taken at? It would have been nice to have the sky be a bit more blue in the background, maybe a polorizing filter could have helped with that. Thanks for posting this.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • Options
    limey-glimey-g Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    Thanks, this was taken with my older Sony H1 camera with it's teleconverter lens. I keep this camera for this type of shooting. I agree with you on the sky as it was an overcast sort of day when the guys were here. Did think of replacing the sky to one with clouds to give a better idea of the height that these guys work at.
    Geoff
    bauerman wrote:
    It's when I look at shots like this one that I am glad that I have a white collar desk jockey type job!

Great capture, at what focal length was this taken at? It would have been nice to have the sky be a bit more blue in the background, maybe a polorizing filter could have helped with that. Thanks for posting this.
  • Options
    bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    limey-g wrote:
    Thanks, this was taken with my older Sony H1 camera with it's teleconverter lens. I keep this camera for this type of shooting. I agree with you on the sky as it was an overcast sort of day when the guys were here. Did think of replacing the sky to one with clouds to give a better idea of the height that these guys work at.
    Geoff

Clouds would add some depth - but then the sky would need to be "bluer" for the clouds to really stand out. It's still a good shot in its current form. Very interesting to see all that equipment that they are working with.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw