Options

Arizona Photographers look inside

SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
edited March 9, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
I recently moved to the Phoenix area (NW Valley) and was wondering if any somewhat established (or even unestablished - maybe we could turn our hobbies into paying gigs?) photographers would be interested in an assistant?

Basically, I'm trying to get my feet wet in the area, but other than posting ads on craigslist, I don't really know where to start. I'm not really looking for a paying gig yet, though if you really wanted to pay me I wouldn't mind. I'm just looking to meet up with some local photographers, get my bearings, learn some tricks of the trade, etc.

I'm not trying to steal your clients. Although, possibly one day, maybe we could start taking jobs together, working together, sharing clients, maybe even go into business together. Who knows, the options are endless.

For right now though, I wouldn't mind being your pack mule. I'm a big guy, able body, capable of carrying heavy things, holding stuff, running things from here to there, looking nice, and snapping pictures in the background. I'm also good at staying out of your way when needed too.

So take it for what it is, if you're not interested or think I'm a nut then just ignore, but if you want to take a chance on a newbie to the area and need some help doing the small stuff - hit me up, I'd like to see what AZ has to offer.

Forgive me mods if I put this in the wrong forum or if I shouldn't even be posting this to the site. I just thought I'd try and see what happened.

Ed
bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM

Comments

• Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    SpeshulEd wrote:
    I recently moved to the Phoenix area (NW Valley) and was wondering if any somewhat established (or even unestablished - maybe we could turn our hobbies into paying gigs?) photographers would be interested in an assistant?

Basically, I'm trying to get my feet wet in the area, but other than posting ads on craigslist, I don't really know where to start. I'm not really looking for a paying gig yet, though if you really wanted to pay me I wouldn't mind. I'm just looking to meet up with some local photographers, get my bearings, learn some tricks of the trade, etc.

I'm not trying to steal your clients. Although, possibly one day, maybe we could start taking jobs together, working together, sharing clients, maybe even go into business together. Who knows, the options are endless.

For right now though, I wouldn't mind being your pack mule. I'm a big guy, able body, capable of carrying heavy things, holding stuff, running things from here to there, looking nice, and snapping pictures in the background. I'm also good at staying out of your way when needed too.

So take it for what it is, if you're not interested or think I'm a nut then just ignore, but if you want to take a chance on a newbie to the area and need some help doing the small stuff - hit me up, I'd like to see what AZ has to offer.

Forgive me mods if I put this in the wrong forum or if I shouldn't even be posting this to the site. I just thought I'd try and see what happened.

Ed

You be interested in a few things going on this weekend.

PM sent with details and my number.

Aaron
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    You be interested in a few things going on this weekend.

PM sent with details and my number.

Aaron

Replied. thumb.gif

Anyone else out there?
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
  • Options
    ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    I have to substantiate this but, some time back, I heard that some mining corporations will outfit people with ATVs and other things for them to go out in the back-country and gather mineral samples. I guess they compensate for that service also but, for the nature photography enthusiast, this may be a means to "turn a coin" while getting some great photo ops.

Do a web search on this and see what comes up. But hurry up: those 100-degree days can come as early as MARCH down there!

Oh, you might want to place a "Work Wanted" ad in the Sedona Red Rock News and Verde Independent. We're just about to hit the prime tourist season around here and some of them, while getting on in the years, do have nice cameras and/or a need for your services!
    Steve-o
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Iteresting info. I am going to look into this a bit and see if I can find anything.
    Forehead wrote:
    I have to substantiate this but, some time back, I heard that some mining corporations will outfit people with ATVs and other things for them to go out in the back-country and gather mineral samples. I guess they compensate for that service also but, for the nature photography enthusiast, this may be a means to "turn a coin" while getting some great photo ops.

Do a web search on this and see what comes up. But hurry up: those 100-degree days can come as early as MARCH down there!

Oh, you might want to place a "Work Wanted" ad in the Sedona Red Rock News and Verde Independent. We're just about to hit the prime tourist season around here and some of them, while getting on in the years, do have nice cameras and/or a need for your services!
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    I'm kind of new to the AZ area myself... but I do have a few tricks and lots of ideas up my sleeve.

Contact me back channel LiquidOps at Gmail.com and we can totally collaborate :)

Steven
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • Options
    ballentphotoballentphoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2007
    LiquidOps wrote:
    I'm kind of new to the AZ area myself... but I do have a few tricks and lots of ideas up my sleeve.

Contact me back channel LiquidOps at Gmail.com and we can totally collaborate :)

Steven

I am in Glendale, and I have gotten a few side jobs, but mostly from word of mouth, and talking to a lot of people. There are galleries here, but they seem to like SW style images (at least from what I have seen). If you want to get together, let me know, I have been approached before and I cannot help people out because of my day job mwink.gif e-mail available at http://www.ballentphoto.com
    -Michael
    Just take the picture :):
    Pictures are at available at:http://www.ballentphoto.com

My Blog: http://ballentphoto.blogspot.com