cotton bowl 07

kusek24kusek24 Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited March 3, 2007 in Sports
i didnt get a press pass, and was extremely surprised they let me in with my camera (i had a 300mm lens on the camera @ the gate) and shot these from our seats, they're not great shots but this was my favorite of Brandon Jackson's TD run.

GO SKERS!!!
BOD Nikon D200 GLASS AF Nikkor 24-120 VR; AF Nikkor ED 18-35mm 3.5; AF Nikkor 35-70mm 3.3; AF Nikkor ED 80-200mm 2.8; AF Nikkor ED 70-300mm 4: FLASH SB-800

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Nice action.

I guess I'm surprised they let a lens like that into a bowl game.

On the other hand, I get a 300 2.8 into GaTech football games routinely, they don't care at all. Not sure why I think a bowl game would be different, but I do.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    Yes, It always amazes me what you can sometimes get by with and sometimes you can't. Sometimes if you look like a professional, they treat you like one. There have been times I have just walked thru the gates with my 300 2.8 and sometimes you have to take your gear back to your vehicle. I have been to concerts and ballgames where you can bring in anything and others they won't even let you bring in a throwaway camera. It all depends on the venue and who is at the gate at the time you walk thru.

I know Hard Rock Live posts "no cameras" on all their tickets and advertising. And they mean it! Some places just want you to get permission. Most of the time it pays to check before going.