• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,909 moderator
    edited January 24, 2005
    fish wrote:
    Plus I got a nail in my RT's rear tire today. :cry
    I don't know. At least you didn't get screwed :D New rear for the GS :cry
    Plug wouldn't stay in.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    I don't know. At least you didn't get screwed :D New rear for the GS :cry
    Plug wouldn't stay in.

Ian
    This is my first nail in a loooong time. In fact, it's my first flat since I bought a stop-n-go kit two years ago. Easy to plug.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited January 24, 2005
    andy wrote:
    the 17-85 is okay but it's not fast, so they added i.s. i've not used it, but seen plenty of pics. i'd stay a way.
    I'm beginning to suspect that it is cheaper for Canon to add IS to a lens, than to incorporate GOOD FAST glass. The problem with that is you cannot reduce your DOF with IS.
    The 17-85 IS is substantially less than a 24-70 L, let alone adding the 15-35 L. There are lots of folks who will be content with the 17-85.

But the 17-85 is an EF-S lens and will not fit a full frame body, and limits the utility of your investment in the long run. The 24-70L and the 16-35L slip handily on a full frame box and you will be happier with them because they are superior optically.

I always hate paying the freight for first class tools, but years later I still enjoy using them. Focusing through F2.8 is better than through f4 or f5.6 - a lot better.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,909 moderator
    edited January 24, 2005
    fish wrote:
    This is my first nail in a loooong time. In fact, it's my first flat since I bought a stop-n-go kit two years ago. Easy to plug.
    Those S&G kits are pretty cool. One for each bike.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?