And they thought that Chasing the BobCat would be dangerous....

dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
edited March 3, 2007 in People
Well MI4 was a blast this year. The best part was a week in florida away from the michigan weather. And I don't care how much those soft floridians complained about the weather it was 100% better than it was in michigan.

One of my favorite things at MI was seeing the bobcat, but I was never able to get a good shot of it. I wanted to follow it alittle bit (I learned from Ed) but everyone said that would be dangerous. Bah, they had no idea what I was in for. I spent the last couple of days in florida with some really dangerous wild animals. That's right folks, I got up close to and photographed the most dangerous animals in america. TWINS.

I found them hiding in a tree, as you can see it was dinner time, only the most dangerous animals eat their own kind.
seanandmicheal2mysite.jpg

But I made a mistake and let them notice me.
micheal4mysite.jpg

Sure they would smile and pretend to be nice
sean3mysite.jpg
micheal6mysite.jpg

They would even try to look innocent
micheal5mysite.jpg
micheal11mysite.jpg
micheal18mysite.jpg
sean6mysite.jpg

But it always comes back to the same fact. If it hides in a tree waiting for it's prey, it's dangerous, no matter how innocent it looks.
seanandmicheal5mysite.jpg
Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
www.zxstudios.com
http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Excellent series, Gary, and a fun story! Love the first and last shots in particular. Yes, you're right.....every set of twins I have ever know were double-trouble! :smack
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Those are some great shots. I love the expressions and the lighting.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2007
    Wow. You are VERY brave, but that paid off in spades.... Gorgeous twins and wonderful shots!

No scratches to prove you were there though, eh?

Fun series!
  • WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    Terrific set of photos, Gary! I am a big fan of facey shots, and you delivered that expertly. The first shot is just perfect, and is my favorite. If those were my kids, I would so get an 8X10 of that and slap it proudly on the wall.

happy day,

wren
  • dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    No scratches to prove you were there though, eh?

Nope no scratches. But thats thanks to all of the close up shots being taken with a 400MM lense. You always need to make sure your lense provides you the ability to stay a safe shooting distance from the target.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I'm glad everyone liked these. I'm always iffy with my own shots. Shooting these kids was a blast and my friend was very happy with the results. Now if only we had that kinda weather in michigan in feb, then I could shoot outdoors all year round....
    www.zxstudios.com
  • WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    Hey---was your 400mm handheld, or did you use a tripod/monopod/rest-on-a-tablepod?

thanks!

wren
  • dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    Hey---was your 400mm handheld, or did you use a tripod/monopod/rest-on-a-tablepod?

thanks!

wren
    Handheld all the way. Ever try chasing a 5 year old while mounted to a tripod?
    www.zxstudios.com