Importing tags from Elements 4 to 5??

StarrToDowlerStarrToDowler Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited March 4, 2007 in Finishing School
Hello...

I just installed Photoshop Elements 5.0 and started to get used to the new little changes, and I find that all the tags from literally thousands of pictures that were downloaded through Elements 4.0 were not imported. When I open 4.0, everything is where it should be, and I'm sure there's a simple way to import the tags from 4.0 to 5.0, but I can't seem to find the directions.:scratch

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2007
    Check the catalog file
    Hello...

I just installed Photoshop Elements 5.0 and started to get used to the new little changes, and I find that all the tags from literally thousands of pictures that were downloaded through Elements 4.0 were not imported. When I open 4.0, everything is where it should be, and I'm sure there's a simple way to import the tags from 4.0 to 5.0, but I can't seem to find the directions.headscratch.gif

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Elements uses a catalog file (it's actually a database) to store the tags in. In 4.0, you could go through preference and find out where your catalog file is located (one of the preferences will show you). Then, you could make sure 5.0 is pointing at the same catalog file. If not, you could change it.

If none of this helps, then you can go to the Adobe forums and ask over there: http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.eeb4f8b/.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question