My angel

petalpetal Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited March 3, 2007 in People
Hi, i know this photo isn't perfect, but i am hoping to get some great advice from you pros out there.

I am awestruck by the talent on this site.

My sister gave me a digital camera for christmas, and i'm not the kind who can read the manual and learn, I just click on buttons to see what they do.

So it will probably take me ages to really learn but i'm having fun in the meantime.

Comments

• Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    Well, it's not perfect, as you say, but what's perfect anyway?

I'm actually struck by how well some things work, especially the nice play of lights and shadows and the expression of your little angel.

There are technical problems, sure, especially the 'blown' areas (areas of pure white, in which no important detail is captured), but those can be worked out with practice, and they sure don't change my opinion that this is a great shot!

Congrats on your shot and your little angel!
    Keep posting!

-- thiago
  • petalpetal Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 3, 2007
    Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

I took this photo without any realy structure or planning really, as she is only 2, you've sort of got to get in quickly.

I have to actually sit down with my camera and play cos i don't have a clue as to how to use the various buttons. Super macro, colour change, etc.

Definately a newbie here!
  • WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    Hey Petal and... *hi five*!

I am in a similar boat as you. I got my D-SLR in November and really need to take some time to read and learn and step out of the 'all-auto' box I've been in. But you'll get there (and so will I, eventually), just keep trying things and practicing.

As for your picture, I like the expression you captured and the way the light plays all around her. Nice! It seems a bit soft, but that does not detract from the overall effect.

Thanks for sharing, and welcome to d-grin! clap.gif

happy day,

wren