out of nowhere......

FisheadFishead Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited March 4, 2007 in People
......this hiker/camper appeared where I was surf fishing, on an uninhabited island. Took me by surprise, grabbed the camera and learned a little.....he was from Washington DC (i think) possibly named Fred....but it was the swimfin I had to ask about.....seems he had found it on the beach (about 6 miles south) and was lookin to dispose of it ....which I was happy to do for him...very colorful character in every way! d-200 18-70 Shot in jpeg, the towell is a little blown out but not too distracting i hope....

DSC_1182ncem.jpg

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 3, 2007
    how odd, and interesting-

and neat photo-
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    Haha! Cool! Nice shot, great story! I would have felt a bit puzzled by the swiwfin too! Haha!

Matty
    Fishead wrote:
    ......this hiker/camper appeared where I was surf fishing, on an uninhabited island. Took me by surprise, grabbed the camera and learned a little.....he was from Washington DC (i think) possibly named Fred....but it was the swimfin I had to ask about.....seems he had found it on the beach (about 6 miles south) and was lookin to dispose of it ....which I was happy to do for him...very colorful character in every way! d-200 18-70 Shot in jpeg, the towell is a little blown out but not too distracting i hope....

DSC_1182ncem.jpg
  • bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2007
    headscratch.gif Just a couple of questions. Which un-inhabited island and where?
    Errant fins are common place on beaches as surfers and body boarders regularly lose them in the surf. eek7.gif BS