Some Ladybirds

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
edited March 6, 2007 in Holy Macro
A few recent ladybird shots- they are beginning to wakeup :)
Brian V.

Click on Pics for larger size

407069758_3e226807f4.jpg

408720662_240717915b.jpg

408720665_9082718231.jpg

409002005_bcd93c95a0.jpg

Comments

• wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    Such wonderful sharpness and color. I like the last one because it is unusually colored. I admire your work and aspire to someday be 1/2 as good.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2007
    lovely loved them
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2007
    A few recent ladybird shots- they are beginning to wakeup :)
    Brian V.

Click on Pics for larger size

Those are brilliant Brian, the variet of lady bird bugs we have in Australia are very very very tiny.
    The ones I saw in USA were almost 2x's the size of the one in my area.

I don't know if you ever had them in the UK but we used to have a chocolate in Australia in the shape of a lady bird and it was called
    a "Bertie Beetle" now those were real nice, can't say I have seen them
    in the stores for years, maybe they dont make them anymore ne_nau.gif

Thanks for sharing....... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2007
    Thanks for the comments everyone- very much appreciated :)
    Skippy- we have quite a few different types and sizes. That's just increased by about 4 with the harlequin ladybird invasion (comes in 4 different colour forms).
    Thought for a minute you were talking about chocolate covered ladybirds (like the chocolate covered locusts you can get) rolleyes1.gif
    Brian V.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2007
    I am always stunned when I see your photos! I never really thought much about macros before LV came into my life! :D

These bugs look more like hungry little people than anything else! And the texture of their shells... amazing.
  • MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2007
    Awesome as usual! thumb.gif
    edited March 5, 2007
    Thanks for the kind comments schmoo and maestro :)- much appreciated :)
    Brian
  • ColMofedColMofed Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    Fantastic captures! The first is great for the shear size in the frame and the detail, but my fav is #3. I once spent a summer watching the larvae roam around in the garden before attaching themselves to the sunny side of a low wall. After a few days (it may have been longer) they emerged from their cocoon as ladybirds. Was great to watch as, until that point, I had no idea what they were. eek7.gif

Rod.
    Rod
    Bristol, UK.
    edited March 6, 2007
    ColMofed wrote:
    Fantastic captures! The first is great for the shear size in the frame and the detail, but my fav is #3. I once spent a summer watching the larvae roam around in the garden before attaching themselves to the sunny side of a low wall. After a few days (it may have been longer) they emerged from their cocoon as ladybirds. Was great to watch as, until that point, I had no idea what they were. eek7.gif

Rod.

Thanks Rod - they are great to watch when they are trying to snatch aphids being guarded by ants :)
    Brian v.