Options

The Afghan Girl

2»

Comments

• Options
    elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    Thank you! If you haven't seen the original, then don't bother to check it up mwink.gif - because although Johannas eyes are quite captivating, it's no way near the haunting eyes of Sharbat.

Matty
    Shima wrote:
    That is a gorgeous and stunning reproduction. I just can't get my eyes off of her eyes!
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2007
    Thank you! Hahaha! Did Johanna haunt you in your dreams? Way cool! Perhaps Johannas eyes are sorta hauting after all, although no way near Sharbats.

Matty
    You know a photo captures you when you have dreams about it! Laughing.gif! rolleyes1.gif This girl was standing in the kitchen quietly during whole dream. Odd, eh? Laughing.gif!

Anyway, great rendition! Beautifully captured!!!:D
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2007
    Thank you! thumb.gif
    JenW wrote:
    You did a really great job in setting it up and post! Wow! clap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2007
    Thank you, Carlo!
    Yes, very interesting. I also came across that when I was looking up on Sharbat ans Steve McCurry a little more. I knew a little about Sharbat before, but after taking this picture, my curiousity about her and Steven grew and I've been reading about the story of Sharbat, looked/listned to intervjuves with Steven etc. Very fascinating.

Matty

cocasana wrote:
    Hi Matty,
    needless to to tell you how beautiful this shot is, and how amazing the idea to replicate McCurry's photo is.
    Reminding her eyes a tad sharper I've been googling around looking for higher definitiion copy of the shot. I didn't find it, but I found this
    http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/features/2002/mar/girl/index.html
    that I found interesting!!!
    Great work!!!
    Carlo
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    Very nice i liked it

One more thing which i noticed in Pakistan usually afghan women won't face camera even littel girls i wonder how Steve made that photo great work ! .

Few days back little afghan girls came to my house bagging . I wanted to take photo but they all ran away like i had gun in my hand their mom was on my side but kids............... headscratch.gif then i went to place were mostly afghan refugees(kids women old) are found near my house 10 min walk and guy told me when ever media comes here they feel uncomfortable so i thought why should i dusturb them .
    i will post some incomplete photos
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery