School has drained us...

jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
edited March 9, 2007 in People
School has drained both Treasure and I... our date last night was to be in the same room.. studying for stuff this upcoming week! I haven't taken many decent photos as of late, the winter + school has left me with no inspiration..

here is to spring!

(P.S. Her sister has seen my work, and wants to talk to me about doing some photos of her son! w00t!)

133709317-L.jpg

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2007
    What a warm expression she has, very nice.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited March 5, 2007
    +1

She's a beautiful young lady.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    Thanks both of you! :D
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    I love the expression as well and the way her face is framed in her hands.
  • Van IsleVan Isle Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    she let you take a picture of her in a hoodie, in the middle of a study session? AND she gave you a nice, warm, natural expression? Mad props to both you AND the model! clap.gif

this looks like a good thing you two have going on. G'luck with school. Here's to spring! friday.gif
    dgrin.com - making my best shots even better since 2006.
    edited March 7, 2007
    Van Isle wrote:
    she let you take a picture of her in a hoodie, in the middle of a study session? AND she gave you a nice, warm, natural expression? Mad props to both you AND the model! clap.gif

this looks like a good thing you two have going on. G'luck with school. Here's to spring! friday.gif

Thanks guys.. yeah, she has become pretty immune to the flash and giant lens, which I am happy about. And I laughed for 5 straight minutes at the smiley face. Funniest smiley I have ever seen!
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    I agree with everyone here, Treasure looks really nice on your photo, her expression is very sweet. thumb.gif

Congrats on your great shot, it's with results like this that I started to realize photography, for me, is all about the people, back when I started in 2003 (I guess).

Thanks so much for sharing!
    And keep up the good work!
    Cheers!

-- thiago
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    Sorry school is so draining. Ah.... how I remember!

But at least you're taking a little time to take wonderful shots of your sweetie! Great capture of a pretty girl!
    edited March 9, 2007
    Sorry school is so draining. Ah.... how I remember!

But at least you're taking a little time to take wonderful shots of your sweetie! Great capture of a pretty girl!

Thiago, I may be coming to that realization as well... I love capturing the expressions the people have whether it be of happiness, anger, or even shock.

photogmomma, Yes.. multivariable calculus seems to ruin the rest of my day, no matter how much fun I think it is. We are very ready for spring break (this next week actually).

Here is one more from last night. I was doing a shoot for her sister's child (which, unfortunately I cannot show just yet if at all) and I get some inspiration to pull out the nifty fifty and do some really shallow DOF "From the hip shots". We were sitting in the kitchen talking and I shot this from table level, was suprised by the results.

134802465-L.jpg
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2007
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 9, 2007
    Nice work Ted. There's a great image in there.
    edited March 9, 2007
    Looks good, Ted.

Out of courtesy, I'd ask before doing that. Some folks tend to get peeved.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2007
    My bad.

John I hope you don't mind me post processing your image but the girl was screaming out for light.
    edited March 9, 2007
    My bad.

John I hope you don't mind me post processing your image but the girl was screaming out for light.

No, no I do not mind. I don't fully agree with the changes, however. Though I see and understand the reason for them. Thanks for taking the time to modify it, though. The original is very dark now that I look at it some more...
    edited March 9, 2007
    thumb.gif
    Sid.