Options

Dodging & burning issues with Kelbys book

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited March 5, 2007 in Finishing School
If you have it (the photoshop CS2 book for digital photographers)...can you open to page 225...step 7 stops dead in the water with no step 8 to complete the photo :scratch

Comments

• Options
    LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    gus wrote:
    If you have it (the photoshop CS2 book for digital photographers)...can you open to page 225...step 7 stops dead in the water with no step 8 to complete the photo headscratch.gif

mine does too....

is it possible that is the last step?

double headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

Steven
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2007
    LiquidOps wrote:
    mine does too....

is it possible that is the last step?

double headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

Steven
    But how do you merge the layer that you have painted over then if thats the last step ne_nau.gif

Problem is that ive done this before ....im positive i have used this very chapter for it.
  • Options
    andymillsonandymillson Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    gus wrote:
    But how do you merge the layer that you have painted over then if thats the last step ne_nau.gif

Problem is that ive done this before ....im positive i have used this very chapter for it.

The book does stop at that step, and ndoes not describe how to merge the layewrs.

If you right click on one of the layers in the tool, you will have the option to merge the visible layers into one, or you can flatten the image

While he does not mention this step in this particular tutorial, it is mentioned in others earlier in the book

Hope this herlps

Andy
    A Brit among the HAWKEYES
    Canon 5D Mk III
    Canon 24-105L IS USM; Canon 16-35 f/2.8L USM; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II
    Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG HSM; Bigma 50-500 f/4-6.3 EX DG HSM
    My Galleries
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2007
    The book does stop at that step, and ndoes not describe how to merge the layewrs.

If you right click on one of the layers in the tool, you will have the option to merge the visible layers into one, or you can flatten the image

While he does not mention this step in this particular tutorial, it is mentioned in others earlier in the book

Hope this herlps

Andy
    Tks heaps andy...i will try it tonight thumb.gif