Options

First Photo

phyfer1phyfer1 Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited January 25, 2005 in Technique
Here is a photo I took in Kona, Hawaii, I welcome your comments.

Comments

• Options
    GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2005
    WOW GREAT for a 1st photo!
    Too bad you couldn't get a boat out there and get a straight down shot of it some how!
    Still a GREAT shot for what you had to work with! clap.gif

Jim
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2005
    Hi phyfer wave.gif Nice piccie. Living in Vegas, you gotta get us some desert shots and Strip shots.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    phyfer1phyfer1 Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Hi phyfer wave.gif Nice piccie. Living in Vegas, you gotta get us some desert shots and Strip shots.
    I'm working on some strip shots and shots of old Vegas that hasn't been blown up yet. I'm getting great ideas from all these forums. It great and I'm learning alot. I also realize just how much more there is to learn.
  • Options
    gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2005
    Great looking picture. You've isolated the subject well, the background is blurry and a little darker, providing a great backdrop for the flower... If you were to take the shot again, you might want to play with the composition a bit... perhaps getting closer to the flower, if possible, and then try shooting it with the main subject not so centered.

Thanks for sharing - I've only been on dgrin for a month or so, but I've already learned tons from this community. The people here are all pretty awesome. So welcome, and share lots!
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.
  • Options
    brucenzbrucenz Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2005
    Looks great too, especially for a first photo. I suggest cropping it a little as the flower is lost in the watery foreground and background.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2005
    Hi phyfer wave.gif welcome!! don't be afraid to post away :D