Options

First College Team Photo

wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
edited January 25, 2005 in Sports
Well sort of, I did a team photo for the swim teams this fall, but that is what people would refer to as one of the "olympic sports" team photos were ok, I was pleased with this photo of the seniors
11031677-M.jpg

But I was asked to do the Women's Hoops photo...this is big time, I mean a revenue sport. So I was nervous, I asked for the assistance of a fellow Dgriner (and well I knew him much before this board) Doctorit and we set out for a team photo.
I went first for a safe shot
14591772-M-1.jpg
Then tried something with a ladder, just a differnt prespective on the same shot.
14591773-M.jpg
Then we came up with this one around the logo, which maybe the money shot for the weekend, but I will post another thread about that tommorow ( I shot a ton this weekend)
14591774-M.jpg

Erik was huge for me ( although i didnt get the concept that he was my assistant and should be fetching the ladder for me) but if nothing else he just helped me not be so nervous about taking this picture. (althought I did learn no more photos on game day....to many extra people around getting in my pictures) I totally stumbled into this gig(and have only been shooting a year with a lot to learn) but I know media relations really likes my work so doing great on this photo buts me in a better postion for next year.

So thanks Erik!!!! :D :lust (dont tell the woman that I heart you :) )

Comments

• Options
    TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2005
    All four look good. I especially like the first of the swim team (neat idea), but the b-ball came out well, too. Congrats on getting your name REALLY out there.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2005
    I thought I would get more comments, but thanks tristian....I was pleased with the photo and the MR people are too, which bodes well for me next year.