Lightroom Flash Gallery oddness... am I alone?

kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
edited March 15, 2007 in Finishing School
I fiddled around with the Lightroom Flash Gallery export today, here is the link.

You will notice that when you first load the page... nuttn happens. If you refresh, then you see the pretty pictures.

So... is that what ya'll are seeing, or are my machines on crack?

I searched the knowledge base @ Adobe on this and found nothing, so I wanted to check with the Dgrin body politic before I open a bug on it.

(I'm using a Mac and a PC, and multiple browers.)
--Kres

Comments

• LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    I am seeing the same thing with the link you posted. I have not yet tried making a flash gallery with Lightroom. Have you tried playing it off your local drive?
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    It actually displays right off the bat for me. Is it still not working for you?
  • kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    It's not that it will not show... a simple browser refresh get's it going. On my systems I need that refresh to see it.

What set-up are you running that you get to see it off the bat?
    --Kres
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    I'm using the Opera browser. it may be that there is a tag being created in the gallery that is complaint with W3C standards, which Opera is 100% compliant with, but IE is not. I'm not sure what the refresh does that fixes it in IE, but thatis the only difference I can think of?
  • LuckyBobLuckyBob Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    Heh. Opera (my primary browser) is the *only* browser on my XP Pro rig which didn't work properly without a page refresh; IE6 and FireFox 2 worked on the first page load. Opera does display the interface for the gallery minus any thumbnails or the main image, but just sits there on "loading new image size" until I hit refresh. I'll try my Ubuntu laptop later and see what it looks like...
    LuckyBobGallery"You are correct, sir!"
  • kreskres Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    Hmmm... this is starting to look very bug like. deal.gif
    --Kres
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2007
    works perfectly for me, using FF on WinXP. Now I do have NoScripts running so it did not run until I gave it permission to, but it runs on the initial click.
  • MicahMicah Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 7, 2007
    I've seen that too
    I've been watching the Lightroom Flash galleries, uh, closely (see http://blog.bluefire.tv ) and I saw this bug for the first time today. I can't figure out what has changed. At first I thought it was this week's Windows update, but then you indicate that you saw this on a Mac. Oh dang. I need to check if there was a Flash player update recently...
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 7, 2007
    Your link worked perfect for me in FF. Ncie gallery. Can't wait to export a few of my own.
  • MicahMicah Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 15, 2007
    It does seem to be a bug
    I've noticed that this happens occasionaly on Flash galleries, but I've discovered that it only happens on ones that have an identity plate in the header (odd one, yes?). I've alerted the Adobe folks to this fact..