Eclipse time lapse

DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
edited March 6, 2007 in Holy Macro
The eclipse played hide-and-seek with us all night. Clouds blocked everything until past the halfway mark, then it was in and out. Near the end it cleared up and I got these 7 images of the tail end of the eclipse - thought I'd share.

All exposures are 320mm equiv., 1/500s, ISO100 at f/7.1 around 90 to 120 seconds apart. 20D with 70-200 f/4 L. 100% crops. Placement of images is mine, not the actual movement. :D

134009586-L.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    The eclipse played hide-and-seek with us all night. Clouds blocked everything until past the halfway mark, then it was in and out. Near the end it cleared up and I got these 7 images of the tail end of the eclipse - thought I'd share.

All exposures are 320mm equiv., 1/500s, ISO100 at f/7.1 around 90 to 120 seconds apart. 20D with 70-200 f/4 L. 100% crops. Placement of images is mine, not the actual movement. :D

Follow the bouncing moon, I really like the shot but the placement of each seems a little too close to each other.
    Final product does look good clap.gif but not so natural looking
    Well done...... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    cool.... seven moons !
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    Thanks Skippy - I see what you mean but I didn't want to make the image too big by spacing them even more. Actual motion would have been less of course, but I couldn't do that either-

I'm just annoyed that I couldn't get the early part of the eclipse and see some nice redish color!
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    Looks cool to me. Nice job and thanks for sharing. thumb.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    Interesting effect, after looking at it for a while, they look like coins :D Great picture! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8