Options

Resume

AviranAviran Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited March 10, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
[FONT=&quot]Could someone post some resumes so that I see how the format is laid out?

Please and thank you. [/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    Aviran wrote:
    [FONT=&quot]Could someone post some resumes so that I see how the format is laid out?

Please and thank you. [/FONT]

http://www.susanireland.com/resumeindex.htm
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2007
    Pupator wrote:

hmm. i looked at that site... i don't see anything for photography. I'm very good at doing business resumes and I have done a many resumes for actors/comedians. I am just not sure of format for published photos.
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    Hmm, I would rather see a portfolio than a slick resume. Why is whoever asking for a resume?
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    jerryrjerryr Registered Users Posts: 595 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
  • Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    Hmm, I would rather see a portfolio than a slick resume. Why is whoever asking for a resume?

I'm with Shay. A portfolio is usually a photographer's resume. If a potential employer wants work history a standard business resume would suffice to provide that information but the portfolio is the important part.

Photography is one of those rare careers where an employer actually gets to see in 15 minutes exactly what type of relevent work experience a person has AND the quality of that work.
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2007
    johng wrote:
    I'm with Shay. A portfolio is usually a photographer's resume. If a potential employer wants work history a standard business resume would suffice to provide that information but the portfolio is the important part.

Photography is one of those rare careers where an employer actually gets to see in 15 minutes exactly what type of relevent work experience a person has AND the quality of that work.
    I've been working in entertainment for a long time. Now that I am trying to merge my two working worlds (Entertainment & Photography). Most people want to know where you've been published or who you've worked for...

In hollywood it's all about who you know...
  • Options
    bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    eek7.gif Wow!! That went over like a lead balloon. BSrolleyes1.gif