thinking about getting a nikon 70-300 vr

NEIGHBORHOODSPIDERMANNEIGHBORHOODSPIDERMAN Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited March 6, 2007 in Cameras
hi all, I was thinking of getting a 70 -300 vr for my D70s ,would like to know if it is worth the money and if anyone has it and what they think of it, i alresdy have a 80 -200 2.8,if i buy it i probally will be eating peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches for 3 months:roflthanks everyone

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited March 6, 2007
    hi all, I was thinking of getting a 70 -300 vr for my D70s ,would like to know if it is worth the money and if anyone has it and what they think of it, i alresdy have a 80 -200 2.8,if i buy it i probally will be eating peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches for 3 monthsrolleyes1.gifthanks everyone

Being a Canon shooter, I don't have one. Looking at the specs:

http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/lenses/nikkor_70300_4556vr/index.htm

I would almost recommend you just slap a TC-14B onto your Nikkor 80-200mm, f2.8. You will have a similar range (a little less convenient) and faster aperture at the long end. You won't have VR, but you will save some serious cash, and I think have around the same image quality through the range.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • NEIGHBORHOODSPIDERMANNEIGHBORHOODSPIDERMAN Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 6, 2007
    Thanks Ziggy
    That Helped Me Out Much Appreiciated