What do you think of this effect?

134266522-L.jpg
"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion

Comments

• RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2007
    I think it looks pretty cool, but it seems pretty obviously photoshopped. Specifically on the right hand side you can see where the selection was made. It kind of reminds me of an IR shot, with purple added in.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    What do you think of this effect?

Hey I like that, because it suites that particular image, only thing I would have probably changed are the trees behind the house on the left side.

It's quite artistic clap.gif Great Shot ! .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    Rhuarc wrote:
    I think it looks pretty cool, but it seems pretty obviously photoshopped. Specifically on the right hand side you can see where the selection was made.

Not sure what you mean by the rt side. This is just a filter effect which was applied to the whole image. Are you trying to point out the white edge of the vegetation on the hill??

Yes it obviously photoshopped but I thought it looked pretty cool.

Aaron Newman

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Hey I like that, because it suites that particular image, only thing I would have probably changed are the trees behind the house on the left side.

It's quite artistic clap.gif Great Shot ! .... Skippy

Thanks Skippy, you are great about always giving comments and thoughts, much appreciated!

Aaron Newman

• RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Not sure what you mean by the rt side. This is just a filter effect which was applied to the whole image. Are you trying to point out the white edge of the vegetation on the hill??

Yes it obviously photoshopped but I thought it looked pretty cool.

I can see where my comment would be confusing. LoL. All I meant was the solarization filter works better on certain partsof the image. As Skippy pointed out, on the right side, and the trees on the left you can see the white outline where the filter seemed to have unexpected results. I would probably go in and try to remove the white line, either turning it black to match the trees, or purple to match the sky.

Like I said, really cool looking image, if it were me I would just do a tweak here or there to take it over the top. :ivar
  • MontesaMontesa Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    cool!
    clap.gif I like it! I think it's an interesting shot made more dramatic by the filter. I've been playing around with the solarization filters lately and they can add a whole new dimension. Good work!
  • salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    I like it too. I'm so used to seeing photographs of Taliesin West under blue desert skies. Your filter approach makes the image different enough from the usual it makes me look at this landmark through different eyes. I think Rhuarc has a point, I'd clean up the white artifacts along the tree line if I was going to print this. Cool shot.
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.