Options

Three year old attitude

ZoeZoe Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited March 8, 2007 in People
I've been away for a while, on maternity leave..still waiting for the baby to come. I was missing the camera, so took the kids out for a little session. I just crack up at the attitude I get from my 3 year old. If he's not scowling its a goofy face. :wink

exif should be embedded ISO 200, f2.0 ss1/640

DSC_0025sm-1-tm.jpg

DSC_0060small.jpg

and here's what's been keeping me down...LOL. I'm 39 weeks now...woohoo!

pregnancy35.jpg
Zoe (Nikon toys)
zb Photography
Blog

Comments

• Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    Congrats on your soon-to-arrive baby! clap.gif

Love the shots of your son. What adorable hair he has, and great expressions! These are neat with the reflections, too. Great captures!

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    TerrenceTerrence Registered Users Posts: 477 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    Great shots and good luck!
    Terrence

My photos

"The future is an illusion, but a damned handy one." - David Allen
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    Zoe wrote:
    I've been away for a while, on maternity leave..still waiting for the baby to come. I was missing the camera, so took the kids out for a little session. I just crack up at the attitude I get from my 3 year old. If he's not scowling its a goofy face. mwink.gif

exif should be embedded ISO 200, f2.0 ss1/640

and here's what's been keeping me down...Laughing.gif. I'm 39 weeks now...woohoo!

Hi Zoe, I love the way you have put your pregnancy sequence together, you are truly glowing clap.gif
    I'm sure you will see more attitude when the new baby arrives from your son, as he figures out where he fits into the big picture :D
    All the best, hope everything goes fine for you and your family.
    Lovely series......... Skippy

Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2007
    Thanks everyone! I hope he doesn't get too crazy with the transition. He is going to be a middle child, though. Yikes!

here's his older brother in some kung fu action...(all on my blog). I wasn't so happy with this one, since I cropped the hand in the reflection.

DSC_0022sm-2-tm.jpg
    Zoe (Nikon toys)
    zb Photography
    Blog
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    Zoe, what are you doing in post processing to get that gritty, vintage yet saturated feel. I can't stop looking at that first photograph of your son. Its fantastic. I'm so inspired by it. I have been going after that "look" and I need some special sauce! headscratch.gif

love the pregnancy progression, too, I can feel the excitement!!!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    Hey Zoe,

Nice photos---I especially like the second one of Xander. Too often I see kids with parents that take lots of pics (mine included) giving forced, 'cheesy' smiles, so his "attitude" in that shot is a great capture in my opinion. thumb.gif

I read a bit of your blog too. Thanks for the smile about the Round Robin character, heh.

And oh, your pregnancy pictures are lovely, thank you for sharing them.

happy day,

wren
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2007
    Thank you, thank you!

Urbanaries...I shoot in Raw, so do most of my PP in Capture Raw, than some final curves, contrast and saturation in PS if needed. But, the exposure has to be good as is, or it gets tossed out immediately. I'm feeling a little rusty, since I've been on bedrest, and I noticed my focus was off a lot.

Wren, thanks for the comments. The pregnancy pics I have on my blog are rated for general viewing, and not very "artistic." Laughing.gif I have some moody, nudie b/w's too, of which I want to pick one for the bedroom. Its so hard to direct my hubby in the studio, and not be able to see myself.
    Zoe (Nikon toys)
    zb Photography
    Blog
  • Options
    mjmmjm Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    Great second shot! Love the reflection.
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    Awesome shots! Great treatments! Very jealous that you ahve a pregnancy series... ;)

Wonderful!
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    Nice shots. I really like the colors in the reflection on #1.
  • Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2007
    Zoe, first of all, congrats on the excellent work!

You did a wonderful job capturing the kids expressions! In the first shot he has something of the expression of a pop singer or something. It really cracks me up rolleyes1.gif

Also I have to mention I love your processing, the colors & overall look you achieve are something filmlike, which I really dig!

Oh, and more importantly: congrats on the upcoming baby! All the best wishes for you and him/her!

-- thiago
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2007
    Thank you for the nice comments! Yep, in a week or so, I'll have three boys to photograph. iloveyou.gif (--->why is this one called "lust" lol)
    Zoe (Nikon toys)
    zb Photography
    Blog