Options

problem with crop/replace photo - help!

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited March 8, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Pro order # 261043

When I replace photo number 2, it also replaces photo number 1. Yes, they're the same image, but the customer ordered two different sizes and I want to sharpen them individually based on the size ordered. This apparently isn't possible? Okay, so if that's the case, fine, I'll just use the larger 8x12 version for both...

... but wait..

... look at the crop for #1 -- adjusting it doesn't give me any options but to move the little box around-- and that box is cropping off 3/4's of the photo! :scratch

Somehow, I don't think that will make the customer very happy.

75347285.jpg

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• Options
    edited March 8, 2007
    Nevermind on the crop-- I figured that out. I'm tired tonight...

But just to be clear, it's not possible to upload two different size images for the same photo-- even when a customer orders two different size prints of that image?

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    Nevermind on the crop-- I figured that out. I'm tired tonight...

But just to be clear, it's not possible to upload two different size images for the same photo-- even when a customer orders two different size prints of that image?
    Correct. Upload one and then adjust the crop :)
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Correct. Upload one and then adjust the crop :)
    Uh oh, then we have a problem with print order 260932 (different from the one in my first post on this thread)

I replaced #4 with a 5x7, hit "ship it" then went on the next order (the one from the first post in this thread, # 261043) and they had ordered the same photo, but as a 8x12... so I replaced that image with an 8x12. Just looked at the original order (260932) and it's got that funky crop-- it was cropped properly when I hit "ship it" but just a hunch... it didn't get printed that instant.

In other words, I need someone to fix the crop on #4, print order 260932, please.

75360722.jpg

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    Uh oh, then we have a problem with print order 260932 (different from the one in my first post on this thread)

I replaced #4 with a 5x7, hit "ship it" then went on the next order (the one from the first post in this thread, # 261043) and they had ordered the same photo, but as a 8x12... so I replaced that image with an 8x12. Just looked at the original order (260932) and it's got that funky crop-- it was cropped properly when I hit "ship it" but just a hunch... it didn't get printed that instant.

In other words, I need someone to fix the crop on #4, print order 260932, please.

75360722.jpg
    Pete, please mail the Support Heroes, as I'm traveling right now and can't address it immediately. You'll get a fast response, I promise :)
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Pete, please mail the Support Heroes, as I'm traveling right now and can't address it immediately. You'll get a fast response, I promise :)

Done. Thanks for your help. If you're on your way to Sin City, enjoy! Good luck with that night cityscape shot.

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 8, 2007
    Hello Pete,
    All taken care of. Emails on their way to you and to your customer. :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2007
    Hello Pete,
    All taken care of. Emails on their way to you and to your customer. :D

Steve

Thank you Steve and the other SM support staff. I won't make this mistake in the future... I swear! One size photo for each print order from now on. That will save me work too!