Options

>> vote for challenge 30 winner <<

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited January 30, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
please vote! voting will be open for 72 hours. thanks to lynnma, winner of ch 29, for acting as guest judge. lynnie and i matched on 8 out of the ten finalists.

johno, the art of being two
artof2800-small.jpg

lynnesite, gavilan gallivant
14717265-L.jpg

ehughes, eyes of yosemite
14442742-M.jpg

gregneil, headshots
Headshots.jpg

landrum, the progression of the nap
14087559-L.jpg

gubbs, the long walk windsor
14669763-L.jpg

devbobo, outback australia
outback.jpg

mitchell, ... no evil
14734351-L.jpg

Anticipation, Launch, Race! by mercphoto
14494954-M.jpg

pathfinder, passer domesticus
14713255-L.jpg

vote for challenge 30 winner 79 votes

johno, the art of being two
10% 8 votes
lynnesite, gavilan gallivant
1% 1 vote
ehughes, eyes of yosemite
13% 11 votes
gregneil, headshots
10% 8 votes
landrum, the progression of the nap
11% 9 votes
gubbs, the long walk windsor
8% 7 votes
devbobo, outback australia
30% 24 votes
mitchell, ... no evil
5% 4 votes
anticipation, launch, race! by mercphoto
3% 3 votes
pathfinder, passer domesticus
5% 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 24, 2005
    Mitchell: i never saw a critique thread for yours (probably my fault), but i just have to post this somewhere...

That was my first idea for this challenge!!! tried myself as a model, yuck, gave T a go at it, she wasn't into it, and then I gave up. Excellent execution - I thought it was great when I saw someone else had the idea!! thumb.gif

Great set of finalists. This was a tough one, I had a really rough go of it and ended up empty handed. Congrats to all!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2005
    I definetely agree! All submissions were really fantastic! Hosts must have had a very hard time choosing. Finalists are stunning! Wow, it's difficult to vote on this one!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2005
    Wow! Tough Challenge!
    Congratulations to all entrants. The entries were great and show a great deal of effort. In my opinion about 5 entries were only narrowly edged out by the competition for top 10. It just gets harder and harder to narrow it down to ten. The quality of the entries just keeps going up. I tried to pick 10 out of the 34 entries. I got to 15, then it got really tough. Ginger, I love your gulls. Obelix, I love your moody daisies. And, Brian, I love your yellow fish. But, I have to say, in the final elimination, I would match with the judges on at least 8 out of 10. Now for my vote for #1? Eeenie, meenie, minie, moe, - will it be (in no particular order) devbobo's "Outback Australia, Gubbs' "Long Walk", Pathfinder's "Sparrows", or ehughes' "Eyes"? All winners in my humble opinion. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2005
    snapapple wrote:
    Congratulations to all entrants. The entries were great and show a great deal of effort. In my opinion about 5 entries were only narrowly edged out by the competition for top 10. It just gets harder and harder to narrow it down to ten. The quality of the entries just keeps going up. I tried to pick 10 out of the 34 entries. I got to 15, then it got really tough. Ginger, I love your gulls. Obelix, I love your moody daisies. And, Brian, I love your yellow fish. But, I have to say, in the final elimination, I would match with the judges on at least 8 out of 10. Now for my vote for #1? Eeenie, meenie, minie, moe, - will it be (in no particular order) devbobo's "Outback Australia, Gubbs' "Long Walk", Pathfinder's "Sparrows", or ehughes' "Eyes"? All winners in my humble opinion. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Yes snappy it was really really tough.. sooooo many winners, yours included!!. I remember when you had to judge and you found it difficult.. now I see why!
    Congratulations to ALL the entries.. they were all great clap.gif
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Yes snappy it was really really tough.. sooooo many winners, yours included!!. I remember when you had to judge and you found it difficult.. now I see why!
    Congratulations to ALL the entries.. they were all great clap.gif

I thought it was a tremendous field of entires, as well. Super hard to pick a favorite from the finalists.

Lynne