Options

Greetings from Thailand

mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited March 8, 2007 in Journeys
I just returned from 1 months climbing holiday in Thailand, spending all my time just outside of Krabi at a place called Tonsai.
I shot everything in RAW so these are just straight conversions until I find some time to process further the ones I really like. I just wanted to share while the trip was still very fresh in my mind :D

This is a couple of shots from the new airport in Bangkok which is quite an impressive structure.
133234060-M.jpg

Looking down to the comy lounges, never did work out how to get to them though:scratch
133236128-M.jpg

Laying blame for us walking to cthe completely wrong end of the airport!
133235317-M.jpg

Our final destination is Tonsai which is only accessable by boat and is just around the large limestone outcrop on the left.
133236276-M.jpg

What better way to get into the right mood for a trip
133239962-M.jpg

Looking up at the cliffs at night. No tripod here just cusions and the camera bag, hence the slightly skewed angles. But boy do I love the 10-22
133244261-L.jpg

One of the locals...
133250131-M.jpg

Making our way under the jungle canopy for a climb
133257818-M.jpg

Heading up a corner crack, turned out to be harder than we first thought as it is quite overhung
133264692-L.jpg

Another very common local
133267962-M.jpg

The photo's a little deceptive but she is actually steeping accross to a free hanging stalactite then up and back onto the main wall.
133269436-M.jpg

Looking down the beach as everyone starts up the different routes
133269629-M.jpg

I'll leave it here so I don't overload a post. If you are interested the full gallery is up at http://mushy.smugmug.com/gallery/2538409#P-1-15
Cheers for looking and I'll post the next bunch shortly if there is some interest :wink
May I take your picture?

Comments

• Options
    KattKatt Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    Wonderful show of perspective.

Felt like I was there looking up. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    clap.gif Just a wonderful travelogue. Many of the images are just waiting for some dialogue or comments. Awww to be young again. BSthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2007
    clap.gif Just a wonderful travelogue. Many of the images are just waiting for some dialogue or comments. Awww to be young again. BSthumb.gif
    Cheers to you both for your comments, am adding the next post now thumb.gif
    May I take your picture?
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    Cool!

Next time don't worry about overloading a post ESPECIALLY in journeys! We love to get a good, long look at your trip.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    Cool!

Next time don't worry about overloading a post ESPECIALLY in journeys! We love to get a good, long look at your trip.

Cheers David, I have just added the next installment, now with more photo's for you're viewing pleasure rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    May I take your picture?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    I second what David says, don't worry about showing us too much.

Good stuff! I've always wanted to travel to Thailand.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au