QImage reviews anyone?

tazzztazzz Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited March 13, 2007 in Finishing School
Hi, has anyone here tried QImage? Their website talks it up but I'd like to discuss it with someone who's had some experience with it. I'd like to be able to make use of SmugMug's ICC profile. unfortunately I only have PSE 5 instead of the full version of Photoshop and it doesn't have that feature. And affording the full version of PS isn't going to happen anytime soon. I'm also interested in their other features such as curves and mask, etc. PSE 5 has a lame version of curves on there and no masks.
thanks
taz

Comments

• claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    I have only used the demo & used up my trial period with only a little playing. The prints I got out of it from that time convinced me that I need to spend the money on it. The nice thing is you can start out with the basic version & if you find you need features in the next step up, you can upgrade for the price difference later.
  • ebwestebwest Registered Users Posts: 416 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    I've had Qimage since about ver2 and wouldn't print anything without it. I'm not a professional and I don't use the profiles that you can add, but I haven't found anything that prints any better. I've done comparisons (none scientific) using other programs, including CS2, and still can't find anything better.

It does have a pretty steep learning curve and I suspect, like Photoshop, I've only scratched the surface of what it can do.

Hope that helps.
  • Lyle CLyle C Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    Money well spent for this software. Takes some getting used to, but after a few practice sessions you will be well on your way.
  • tazzztazzz Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited March 12, 2007
    Thanks, so far I haven't heard anything bad about the program !
    taz
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    tazzz wrote:
    Thanks, so far I haven't heard anything bad about the program !
    taz

You're not likely to. I cannot recall a bad review of QImage ever.

I'm just dragging my feet on buying it...more projects & demands than cash to cover them all.