thumbnail problem

mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
edited March 12, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I have a problem with a thumbnail for an image. I'm using safari or firefox 2.02 on a mac with 10.4.7.

http://mmroden.smugmug.com/gallery/1579619/3/76464843#76464843

I want the thumbnail to be the upper left corner, but it always turns out to be blank. If I try to set the thumbnail using safari, the page is always loading. If I try using firefox, it still just doesn't come up.

Thoughts on a fix?

Thanks!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    mmroden wrote:
    Hi,

I have a problem with a thumbnail for an image. I'm using safari or firefox 2.02 on a mac with 10.4.7.

http://mmroden.smugmug.com/gallery/1579619/3/76464843#76464843

I want the thumbnail to be the upper left corner, but it always turns out to be blank. If I try to set the thumbnail using safari, the page is always loading. If I try using firefox, it still just doesn't come up.

Thoughts on a fix?

Thanks!
    Hi, try clearing your cache (temp files) closing, and reopening your browser. I see all the thumbs just fine. Let us know?
  • mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    Nope. No love, with either firefox (thumbnail is just the whole image, not the upper left corner, and even that's only apparent when I look closely), and the safari page just doesn't load it.
    edited March 10, 2007
    Andy, how does this work for you? I've tried it now on firefox on a pc, and still, the thumbnail does not show up as a 1x1 thumbnail in the upper left corner. What gives?
    edited March 10, 2007
    mmroden wrote:
    Andy, how does this work for you? I've tried it now on firefox on a pc, and still, the thumbnail does not show up as a 1x1 thumbnail in the upper left corner. What gives?
    Hi, which thumbnail are you referring to please? This is what I see....
    edited March 11, 2007
    Top row, all the way on the right. It's the thumbnail for the image that you're looking at. It's black if I leave it at the default, because the stars are pretty small in comparison to the background--hence the desire to zoom in.
    edited March 11, 2007
    mmroden wrote:
    Top row, all the way on the right. It's the thumbnail for the image that you're looking at. It's black if I leave it at the default, because the stars are pretty small in comparison to the background--hence the desire to zoom in.
    Hah, sorry I didn't see it first time 'round.

Fixed better?
    edited March 12, 2007
    it is much more better (as the kids say these days in LA).

Is it possible to do a thumbnail that's not of the same orientation/crop factor as the image from which it comes? It seems like that was the problem...

Thanks for the fix!
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    mmroden wrote:
    it is much more better (as the kids say these days in LA).

Is it possible to do a thumbnail that's not of the same orientation/crop factor as the image from which it comes? It seems like that was the problem...

Thanks for the fix!
    Under photos tools pick zoom thumbnail and pick the ratio and size it to what
    ever you like. This what you're looking for?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog