Photoshop and/or Illustrator help

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited March 9, 2007 in Finishing School
I am trying to redo a logo and want to have text follow a path. I can't seem to get it to work how I want in either program. Does anybody know of some good message boards for Illustrator or Photoshop.

I thought I had it in photoshop. The text on the top of the circle did just right, but the text on the bottom of the circle was upside down.

In Illustrator I can seem to get it to follow the curvature of the path (a circle). It will in photoshop no problem. Not sure what the deal is. I am pretty new to Illustrator.
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• chrisachrisa Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 8, 2007
    textonapathos9.jpg
    Is this what you are trying to do?
    bham wrote:
    I am trying to redo a logo and want to have text follow a path. I can't seem to get it to work how I want in either program. Does anybody know of some good message boards for Illustrator or Photoshop.

I thought I had it in photoshop. The text on the top of the circle did just right, but the text on the bottom of the circle was upside down.

In Illustrator I can seem to get it to follow the curvature of the path (a circle). It will in photoshop no problem. Not sure what the deal is. I am pretty new to Illustrator.
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2007
    chrisa wrote:
    textonapathos9.jpg
    Is this what you are trying to do?

Yes exactly. The bottom one kept being upside down. Kinda like it was extended from the top one, but it wasn't.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
    edited March 8, 2007
    I made 2 layers with identical paths, one for the outside text and one for the inside.
    bham wrote:
    Yes exactly. The bottom one kept being upside down. Kinda like it was extended from the top one, but it wasn't.
    edited March 8, 2007
    chrisa wrote:
    I made 2 layers with identical paths, one for the outside text and one for the inside.

So you need 2 paths. Got it. I was trying to do it with one. Have used photoshop for years but just now starting to learn paths. I hadn't needed them before this latest logo design. Thanks for your help.
    edited March 8, 2007
    bham wrote:
    So you need 2 paths. Got it. I was trying to do it with one. Have used photoshop for years but just now starting to learn paths. I hadn't needed them before this latest logo design. Thanks for your help.

Ok, copied one path onto the other layer. I can get it. When I put the text tool on the path its like the path disappears. Can you show me a screenshot of the paths of the above file, not the layers.
    edited March 9, 2007
    I'm at work right now, I will post it when I get home tonight.
    bham wrote:
    Ok, copied one path onto the other layer. I can get it. When I put the text tool on the path its like the path disappears. Can you show me a screenshot of the paths of the above file, not the layers.