New P&S on the block?

SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
edited March 12, 2007 in Cameras

Comments

• Options
    TeamSpeedTeamSpeed Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2007
    Seymore wrote:

It must have live preview, because the viewfinder just snaps onto the hot shoe, seems a little strange? Stockpile those, because everyone will lose one eventually. Sounds interesting, wonder what kind of ISOs it will be able to do with the really large sensor grid.
    7D, 70-200L IS, 17-55 IS 2.8, 150 2.8 macro, 12-24, 100-400L, 85 1.8, 50 1.4
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2007
    First link looks like a different camera than the other two. It also looks kind of like a Leica M knockoff.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,910 moderator
    edited March 9, 2007
    First link looks like a different camera than the other two. It also looks kind of like a Leica M knockoff.

The first link is a recent photo of the current model. This has been a long time coming (Sep 2006):
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0609/06092604sigmadp1.asp
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    I am so gonna buy this when it comes out, if it's cheaper than $500. More than that and I'll have to think a bit before I buy it :)

While the smaller max aperture of the lens makes me hesitate a bit (it's got a fixed f/4 at 28 mm equivalent), if it's as fast as a dslr, focuses quickly, but in all other respects is the size and handling of a P&S, I'm so there.

I've been wanting a camera I can just carry around in my pocket, but can use to take shots without worrying about noise or small pixel size and the like. I'm hoping this is the right beastie.