Two sites question

pete wpete w Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
edited March 9, 2007 in SmugMug Support
If i wanted to set up a new site with a specific purpose (ie. new site with new web address to sell to a particular market) do i have to go through the set up process again and sign on for a new account?
Pete W
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.
Henri Cartier Bresson

www.pete-wraight.smugmug.com

Comments

• BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2007
    You could do something like this, all within one smugmug site:

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=454809&postcount=11
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2007
    pete w wrote:
    If i wanted to set up a new site with a specific purpose (ie. new site with new web address to sell to a particular market) do i have to go through the set up process again and sign on for a new account?

If you want a new top level web address, you'd have to sign up for another Smugmug account (an additional annual fee, etc...).

If you want to partition off a piece of your existing site that doesn't easily connect to the rest of your site through navigation links, but shares the same top level address as the rest of your site, you can do that with customization, though it's not as elegant as just having two separate Smugmug accounts.

FYI, if you set up a second account, Smugmug can "move" galleries from your first account to your second for you to save you the hassle of re-uploading. You just ask the help desk and they can do it (they did that for me as I have two accounts). I got to a point where I wanted to separate all the event photography I do (sports teams, school events, etc...) from my family pictures, so I set up a second account and moved all the event stuff there.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • pete wpete w Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2007
    Thanks everyone
    Guess i'll be getting another site, i can even get a discount from my own site:D

Oh well more moolah.
    Pete W
    Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.
    Henri Cartier Bresson

www.pete-wraight.smugmug.com