Head of Tourism - Nank Kiauw Laos

LittleLewLittleLew Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
edited March 10, 2007 in People
An informal portrait taken in the office of the Head of Tourism for Nong Kiauw District, Laos.

Taken with Nikon 18-200 VR

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D200
Image Date: 2007:02:01 00:27:55
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 24.0mm (35mm equivalent: 36mm)
Exposure Time: 0.033 s (1/30)
Aperture: f/7.1
ISO equiv: 450
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
Comment: (C)L Lorton#p
New pictures at LewLortonphoto.com

Comments

• cocasanacocasana Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2007
    I think this shot is technically flawless (those white stripes are rather hot!). But I think it needs something... I would fiddle with blending modes or with curves to give it a kick!!!
    I hope you won't get annoyed if I've fiddled on your shot without asking previously for your permission, but I mean something like this!
  • LittleLewLittleLew Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    First of all, I don't mind my pictures being edited, particularly by someone who has said something nice about them (it so rarely happening).

Second, I think you are right both about the pizazz needed and the over-white stripes. I looked back at the original and realized I had not converted it to sRGB so I am posting the converted one to see if it's any better. I might go back and mask out the face a little and bump up the sleeves even more to get some texture in the white stripes.

chiefsharpenedconverteduz5.jpg
    New pictures at LewLortonphoto.com
  • cocasanacocasana Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    Better! I would, probably, go a tad further. Watch out to the papers on the left!!!