Ultralight Journey (56k Warning )

2»

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    Great shots, Skippy! Looks like a blast, but boy that plane sure looks tiny for 2!!!! Good thing you're short! The 10-22 took some sharp pics. Look forward to more. thumb.gif

Ahahaha yep it looks small, my cousin Michael is over 6ft tall too rolleyes1.gif
    Lucky I am a shorty, I don't know how comfortable it would be for a really tall person in the back, cause your really jammed in there. :D

Glad you enjoyed it :D ........... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2007
    Very cool! Love your narration and love the photos-- never been to Australia and I want to go. The coastal water is quite clear. Thanks for posting this thumb.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

edited March 11, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    Very cool! Love your narration and love the photos-- never been to Australia and I want to go. The coastal water is quite clear. Thanks for posting this thumb.gif

Well it doesn't look that good all the time :D
    Our weather here can really churn that water up, its very calm in these images but trust me many a ship has come to grief in those waters.

We do have great beaches though, good Surfing along there too :D
    The waters are pretty dang cold, most surfers use wetsuites down our way.
    Hopefully someday you will get to visit Australia.
    ..... Skippy

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2007
    Great shots Skip! clap.gif Looks like you had a fun day. Who doesn't want to be up in the air, shooting photos?
    edited March 11, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Great shots Skip! clap.gif Looks like you had a fun day. Who doesn't want to be up in the air, shooting photos?

We were just so lucky to get fairly good conditions, wish it had of been a clearer sky though.

We could smell smoke up there, when we saw the colour of the sky on the way back, we thought we might run into some bad weather.

Turns out it was a blanket of smoke from around the King Island area.
    A big fire has been burning there and the smoke has travelled far enough across the sea to the mainland, just smelt like burnt wood.

Hopefully the next time I go up the sky is clearer :D
    Thanks for looking Ivar thumb.gif .... Skippy

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:
    I believe this is the first air jouney ever posted.
    Nup...i did one in a glider a few years back but it does not count 'cause i was shit scared & had my eyes shut.

Hey skip this is fantastic thumb.gif Not a snowflakes chance in hell i would do it so im glad you did it for me & showed me what it looks like.
    edited March 11, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Nup...i did one in a glider a few years back but it does not count 'cause i was shit scared & had my eyes shut.

Hey skip this is fantastic thumb.gif Not a snowflakes chance in hell i would do it so im glad you did it for me & showed me what it looks like.

It's not everyones cup of tea, especially Pinky Pointers rolleyes1.gif
    Being airsick bothers me more, I try so hard not get ill, this time I lasted almost a full hour, we were up for 56 minutes and 25 seconds so I thought I did pretty darn good :D it never puts me off flying, same as boats, I usually get seasick too, but it doesn't stop me from going, unpleasant when it happens, but danged if it's gonna hold me back thumb.gif

Hope I can get some better shots next time to show you Gus..... Skippy

• Michael_auMichael_au Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited March 11, 2007
    clap.gif
    Skippy wrote:
    It's not everyones cup of tea, especially Pinky Pointers rolleyes1.gif
    Being airsick bothers me more, I try so hard not get ill, this time I lasted almost a full hour, we were up for 56 minutes and 25 seconds so I thought I did pretty darn good :D it never puts me off flying, same as boats, I usually get seasick too, but it doesn't stop me from going, unpleasant when it happens, but danged if it's gonna hold me back thumb.gif

Hope I can get some better shots next time to show you Gus..... Skippy
    Great Pics Skippy wish i was there :)

Michael
    edited March 11, 2007
    Michael_au wrote:
    clap.gif Great Pics Skippy wish i was there :)

Michael

Ahhhhhhhhahaha ya were ya goose your the pilot remember rolleyes1.gif
    Only you got the better view cause you were in the front :D

Thanks for the flight thumb.gif I'm so glad I didnt get airsick ..... Skip

• photo*smurfphoto*smurf Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2007
    [/quote]friday.gif Probably take a couple of beers to get me up there.:D[/quote]

It'd take more than a couple of beers to get me up in one of those, especially since I don't drink beer. hahaha.

Anyway, great shots, Skippy. Really made me feel as though I was up there, too. :):
    edited March 12, 2007
    friday.gif Probably take a couple of beers to get me up there.:D[/quote]

It'd take more than a couple of beers to get me up in one of those, especially since I don't drink beer. hahaha.

Anyway, great shots, Skippy. Really made me feel as though I was up there, too. :):[/quote]

Sorry no drunks allowed on board :D
    Ya just gotta get over the fear factor, and you'll be right thumb.gif .. Skippy

• KorosiveKorosive Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    Great photos and story! Not only did you get to experience something many don't get to do, you also got pics of it all.
    Check out my Flickr, I try to update often.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/korosive/
    edited March 12, 2007
    Korosive wrote:
    Great photos and story! Not only did you get to experience something many don't get to do, you also got pics of it all.

Thank you, it was good fun, I'd like to go up when there is a group of them going up ....... thanks for looking ..... Skippy

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    Very nice little trip you have presented us with Skippy...really enjoyed it. Always wanted an Ultra light...there have been some really cool ones here, everything from what your cousin has....to minature sopwith camels to some really exotic you wonder how they fly crafts.....Haven't seen or heard to many in the last couple of yrs......could be the Ks winds blew them all away.

Great Seriesthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited March 13, 2007
    Art Scott wrote:
    Very nice little trip you have presented us with Skippy...really enjoyed it. Always wanted an Ultra light...there have been some really cool ones here, everything from what your cousin has....to minature sopwith camels to some really exotic you wonder how they fly crafts.....Haven't seen or heard to many in the last couple of yrs......could be the Ks winds blew them all away.

Great Seriesthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    Thanks Art, my brother has one similar to my cousins and another one that is totally different, which I have never been up in.
    That one is fully enclosed.

Hope you get a chance to go up in one some day :D
    Thanks for looking ........ Skippy