EXIF with large images

BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
edited March 13, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Any way to get EXIF with large images in SM default style? Methinks this would be more than a nice to have...

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    BigAl wrote:
    Any way to get EXIF with large images in SM default style? Methinks this would be more than a nice to have...

Smugmug only provides EXIF on the "original" size. I agree that it would be nice to see at least basic EXIF (copyright, aperture, shutter, ISO, focal length, date/time taken) on other sizes.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    BigAl wrote:
    It's not in the resized images, but here is how you can see, and copy the exif info:

http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/HowToSeeExif
  • muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    It's not in the resized images, but here is how you can see, and copy the exif info:

I would like to add my vote to at least keep copyright notice in the re-sized photo's. They are effectively being turned over into the public domain when this info is stripped! (No thanks to Adobe's PS "save for web" precedent on this practice!)

The issue for me is what happens after someone has downloaded an image, saved as some "useless" name in their "my pictures". A few days later... where did that photo come from?

There ought to be an implicit tag on all photo's like there used to be on mattresses & pillows: "DO NOT REMOVE THIS TAG UNDER PENALTY OF LAW"

Gary
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    Andy wrote:

What I'm looking for is the "i" button on the resized image flyout. I pointed someone to a large image on another smugger's account and her first comment was "how do I see the EXIF"
    edited March 12, 2007
    BigAl wrote:
    What I'm looking for is the "i" button on the resized image flyout. I pointed someone to a large image on another smugger's account and her first comment was "how do I see the EXIF"
    Maybe they have camera details set to "off" - it's a gallery option settable by the account owner, whether to show it or not.
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Maybe they have camera details set to "off" - it's a gallery option settable by the account owner, whether to show it or not.
    No, I mean here, together with the thumbs, I think you need an "i". Not all folks know how to navigate around Smug.
    edited March 13, 2007
    BigAl wrote:
    No, I mean here, together with the thumbs, I think you need an "i". Not all folks know how to navigate around Smug.
    Lightbox is intended to be very clean. If they want exif, it's availalbe on every on-the-page view we've got thumb.gif