slideshow help please

JimWJimW Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
edited March 10, 2007 in SmugMug Support
This is not about any custom slideshow that I want to add. It's about the slideshow (upper right) of my galleries that smugmug has there as default. When I click on it, my images are huge and look bad because they're so big. Can I make them smaller in the slideshow? If not, can I eliminate the slideshow from the page?

Thank you

p.s. I did search for slideshow but there's tons of threads, which seem to be about custom slideshows.

I don't want the cheese, I just want to get out of the trap.

http://www.jimwhitakerphotography.com/

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    JimW wrote:
    This is not about any custom slideshow that I want to add. It's about the slideshow (upper right) of my galleries that smugmug has there as default. When I click on it, my images are huge and look bad because they're so big. Can I make them smaller in the slideshow? If not, can I eliminate the slideshow from the page?

Thank you

p.s. I did search for slideshow but there's tons of threads, which seem to be about custom slideshows.
    This will remove it from your whole site.

.play_slideshow {display:none;}
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • JimWJimW Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    Allen - thank you for replying. I really appreciate it.

So I assume from your answer that it is NOT possible to reduce the image size?

If not, then where do I put that stuff you gave me?

Thanks again

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    JimW wrote:
    Allen - thank you for replying. I really appreciate it.

So I assume from your answer that it is NOT possible to reduce the image size?

If not, then where do I put that stuff you gave me?

Thanks again
    Sorry about that, it goes in your CSS.

I looked at trying to overide the smug_black theme code for the full screen
    slideshow (fsSlideshow) but counldn't find a way. Might be one but I couldn't
    get anything to apply.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited March 10, 2007
    Okay, it worked. It's gone now. I'm only a noob, but with all the fancy customization available on smugmug, I'm surprised that the full screen slideshow is not fixable. I can't be the only one noticing this. I must be missing something.

Anyway, thanks again for your help Al.

• David TaylorDavid Taylor Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2007
    If you want to give the viewer the option of choosing to view the gallery as a slideshow, you can remove the Fullscreen option and just have the maximum size be Large. See this thread for detail.
    edited March 10, 2007
    Well, thank you David. I've read through that thread twice now, and I'm afraid there's just no chance that I can understand all that. I'm not a programmer. And the amount of stuff that the average smugmug user has to know to get their site finished is unbelievable, at least from my perspective. They should publish a book, and we could start reading from page 1. As it is, it seems to me that these important threads and help pages are hidden all over the place. I really barely know where to start reading, and I'll bet there are many who feel the way I do.

But my mind is open and I keep pecking away at it.

However, for now I'm ok with having the slideshow option gone completely.

Thank you