Clone entire SM Account?

EcoJamEcoJam Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited March 13, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Just wonerding how easy it would be to clone an entire account (all pics, galleries, text) into another account (diff account name, different purpose).

thx, ed

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2007
    EcoJam wrote:
    Just wonerding how easy it would be to clone an entire account (all pics, galleries, text) into another account (diff account name, different purpose).

thx, ed
    Hi Ed,

We can not copy images across different accounts. We can move images across different accounts. If you want to have the same images on different accounts, you will have to make 2nd copies of all images first, move them to a different gallery, so we can move that gallery for you. Or you can upload your images twice. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.
  • EcoJamEcoJam Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2007
    Ok
    ivar wrote:
    Hi Ed,

We can not copy images across different accounts. We can move images across different accounts. If you want to have the same images on different accounts, you will have to make 2nd copies of all images first, move them to a different gallery, so we can move that gallery for you. Or you can upload your images twice. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Thks for the quick response.

So I should know this, but can I do a bulk / mass copy of a gallery or better yet a category of galleries -- then have you guys move the copies to a differnet account?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2007
    EcoJam wrote:
    Thks for the quick response.

So I should know this, but can I do a bulk / mass copy of a gallery or better yet a category of galleries -- then have you guys move the copies to a differnet account?
    Try the mass make 2nd copy utility :)
    http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/SmugMugHacksAndApps
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 12, 2007
    EcoJam wrote:

thx, ed

i am currently thinking about building this functionality into SmugBrowser.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • EcoJamEcoJam Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    cool
    devbobo wrote:
    i am currently thinking about building this functionality into SmugBrowser.

That would be great, I'll test for you.

Can I use smugbrowser on iMac? Safari? -- tried to download and got some whacky encoded file.

ed
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 13, 2007
    EcoJam wrote:
    That would be great, I'll test for you.

Can I use smugbrowser on iMac? Safari? -- tried to download and got some whacky encoded file.

ed

hi ecojam,

it only works on firefox or flock, regardless of platform
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos