http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D

Comments

• Options
    bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    Very nice.....
    Love this shot!

This is the kind of photo that these three ladies could really cherish down the road a ways. Great exposure and it does not seem to be over sharpened to my eye. I like the colorful clothing that they are wearing in the shot - it adds to the photograph.

The posing of the girls is just great as well, makes for a more memorable photograph than if they were all just standing straight up. Was this just random or did you tell them to stand like that?

Thanks for sharing this Chris........
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • Options
    peterst6906peterst6906 Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    bauerman wrote:
    Love this shot!

This is the kind of photo that these three ladies could really cherish down the road a ways. Great exposure and it does not seem to be over sharpened to my eye. I like the colorful clothing that they are wearing in the shot - it adds to the photograph.

The posing of the girls is just great as well, makes for a more memorable photograph than if they were all just standing straight up. Was this just random or did you tell them to stand like that?

Thanks for sharing this Chris........

I really hope the one in the blue and white shirt isn't a boy...He would hate to read this.

Although if she's a girl, then she'll hate to read my reply.

Nice shot by the way.

Regards,

Peter
    It's not my camera's fault, I'm just visually illiterate
  • Options
    christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    Thanks for the comments. It is nice to get feed back. Glad bauerman didn't think it looked too sharpened, it's is always hard to tell on the one monitor.

As for the pose, I did a bit of directing with the kids, but only to tell them to 'get a bit closer' and for Fionn (yes it is a boy rolleyes1.gif) to tilt his head slightly.

I really like the feel of the shot and am glad others do too.
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

• Options
    bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    Sorry for the "three ladies" comment..................my bad! ne_nau.gif

It's STILL a nice photo! :D
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • Options
    JimFuglestadJimFuglestad Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    Hi Chris,

Love the pose and expressions... these kids do NOT look like siblings. It has a very natural feel to it.

I am a little uncomfortable with the shooting angle, however. I'm all for shooting from above and below, but in this case I think it would have been better served to do a more straight-on shot, if not from slightly above.

Jim
    Live with intention.
    Walk to the edge.
    Listen hard.
    Pratice wellness.
    Play with abandon.
    Laugh.
    Choose with no regrets.
    Appreciate your friends.
    Continue to learn.
    Do what you love.
    Live as if this is all there is.
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    I love the pose! I think it's great!

I do think you could bump the mid tones a bit more as they are a bit dark. Fill flash could have helped, but I think you would have lost some of the fill. I think you can adjust it in post and get better color/shadow fill.

I also don't like the crop. I am disturbed by the hand at the bottom being cut off at the joint. YIKES! :D I'd try cropping a bit closer from the bottom - maybe even just below/through the elbow - and it might be a nice crop. I think it might draw them even closer together....

Great shot! I love how you posed 'em - or how they posed themselves!
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    christulk wrote:
    Three siblings. Sharpened too much?

Looks fine Chris.... wow the little fellow is being quite co-operative, considering he's having to be in with the girls, some boys just wont
    be in that type of picture....... glad he did it, its a nice shot thumb.gif
    ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    JimFuglestadJimFuglestad Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    Okay... let's work with this one a little bit...

Somehow I think they're expressions are lost in the crop. Maybe it's the ange, maybe it's composition, but their expressions are so priceless that you gotta find a way to bring them out a bit more.

I re-cropped and brought up the exposure, and did a slight color correction.

Hope you don't mind.

Jim
    Live with intention.
    Walk to the edge.
    Listen hard.
    Pratice wellness.
    Play with abandon.
    Laugh.
    Choose with no regrets.
    Appreciate your friends.
    Continue to learn.
    Do what you love.
    Live as if this is all there is.
  • Options
    christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    Okay... let's work with this one a little bit...

Somehow I think they're expressions are lost in the crop. Maybe it's the ange, maybe it's composition, but their expressions are so priceless that you gotta find a way to bring them out a bit more.

I re-cropped and brought up the exposure, and did a slight color correction.

Hope you don't mind.

Jim

Jim don't mind at all. I like your treatment of it. Just read photomomma's reply and agree with the crop. It bothered me a bit but I sometimes crop too much and I think I cropped this as a 10x8.

The colours in yours are very nice. Are you just sliding the hue/saturation or using the colour balance?

Thanks to all for the commentsthumb.gif
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

• Options
    WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    Those kids are beautiful, and the photo is soooo nice. If they were my kids, I'd print it out big and hang it on my wall! Do they get along as well as the picture would lend one to believe? :P

I really like the tighter crop posted too.

happy day,

wren
  • Options
    manta1900manta1900 Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2007
    Nice Photo!!!!
    Just playing with the colors, sharpening and lighting.... (I hope you don't mind) ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2007
    manta1900 wrote:
    Just playing with the colors, sharpening and lighting.... (I hope you don't mind) ne_nau.gif

I think Manta added what the picture needed ...a little more sharpening and lighting. Good job!

Hi Chris!!!!wings.gif