UMass Hockey HE Quarter Finals

wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
edited December 1, 2007 in Sports
Just a quicky:

135091278-M-1.jpg

Look for the puck!
135091972-M-1.jpg

Getting out of the way of a slappah from the point. Said Slappah results in goal.
135123053-M-1.jpg

Just a couple. My goal is to update sportsshoter today because I have been a total slacker and the photos are months!! old.

Hope you enjoyed!

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    Great shots ..nice & sharp which i like. I cant believe the armour in #2...that puck must be hard !
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2007
    Winger your hockey is so good now :)
    clap.gif
  • fmkjrfmkjr Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited March 22, 2007
    wow.... very sharp
    Very sharp and crystal clear... Do you do anything special?

Nice job!
    frank
    dr.Frank

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalms 19:1
    We now need to not destroy it and capture its beauty for all to behold.

http://www.kendralla.com
  • wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Winger your hockey is so good now :)
    clap.gif

I posted this months ago and never came back to see Andy giving me props!!! How figgen cool is that!
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2007
    I have a recent post on shooting squash, so I have to ask you: how did you do that through the glass (I'm assuming from your angle that you weren't above it)?
  • wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    KED wrote:
    I have a recent post on shooting squash, so I have to ask you: how did you do that through the glass (I'm assuming from your angle that you weren't above it)?

Ok my jackass answer is I just shoot through it.

But there are obvious challenges to shooing through the glass. And actually I think these 3 photos, were from the penalty box, which is this season glassed in. But I often with hockey do have to shoot through glass (UMass and the TD Banknorth garden I am lucky enough to have holes to shoot through).

The challenge with glass is you general lose a stop on light, and that if you are tracking with autofocus it will get confused from time to time, so I get auto focus photos when I shoot through glass, that doesnt happen when I have an open spot. The other challenge with hockey is they move so fast, so if I am tracking action towards me, they just move to fast.

Anyways, with the glass there isnt much you can do. If its actually glass I am thankful, cause it can be washed off and clear of puck marks. You do what you can and dont shoot from the corners. With squash I would imagine that is not a problem. You cant use a flash, and if you get right up on the glass you should see overall it shouldnt be much of a problem. Plexi sucks because it gets all marked up and you need chemicals to get it off.

But try that before the next game, wash the glass on both sides of where you plan to shoot and then get right up close to the glass. Thats really all I have for you.
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2007
    winger wrote:
    Thats really all I have for you.
    It's a lot -- thank you. It's kind of cool to think that if I can get up tight to the glass I might actually be able to AF since the glass would be less of an issue. The downside is I could actually distract the player, which I don't imagine is possible in big time hockey!
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 1, 2007
    winger wrote:
    I posted this months ago and never came back to see Andy giving me props!!! How figgen cool is that!
    Way to be on the ball. lol3.gifwave.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]