off site back up for your photos

zcsszcss Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited February 18, 2004 in Accessories
hi,
Im just wondering what people think about paying a monthly fee to have your photos or other unreplaceable document/files backed up on a server every night? I own a company that specializes in web design/computer support/and service and for the last few months we have had a number of customers with computer failure problems franticly trying to get there photos and such off of there computer. I just want to see what the interest would be for the public before I commit to anther server for our company?

cheers,
Ryan Slone
www.zcss.com

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited February 18, 2004
    zcss wrote:
    hi,
    Im just wondering what people think about paying a monthly fee to have your photos or other unreplaceable document/files backed up on a server every night? I own a company that specializes in web design/computer support/and service and for the last few months we have had a number of customers with computer failure problems franticly trying to get there photos and such off of there computer. I just want to see what the interest would be for the public before I commit to anther server for our company?

cheers,
    Ryan Slone
    www.zcss.com

I can only speak for myself and I do not think I need DAILY back up - but I certainly do think most serious photographers will ultimately recognize that they need some sort of off site storage - perhaps priced by the gigabiyte or something. But I will admit that the need is price elastic - cheap enough and it is a no brainer - but too expensive and I will limp along without it. Not sure if that helps you with a business plan tho.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2004
    Isn't that what smugmug is, at least for photographs? ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au