Options

Client Orders directly to SmugMug Pros

ChrisIsaacAllenChrisIsaacAllen Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited March 12, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Are there any plans in the future for SmugMug to add the ability to have client orders sent directly to Smugmug Pros? If not, how do I log this as an official request?

I would like to process my own photos but still have the convenience of ordering through SmugMug. Also, it would allow me to upload smaller versions of my photos because they would only be used for viewing.

Chris

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    Are there any plans in the future for SmugMug to add the ability to have client orders sent directly to Smugmug Pros? If not, how do I log this as an official request?

I would like to process my own photos but still have the convenience of ordering through SmugMug.
    Hi, do you want your client to order, pay and have the photos shipped to you first, is that what you are asking?
    Also, it would allow me to upload smaller versions of my photos because they would only be used for viewing.

Chris
    You can do this now :D Allow me to introduce you to Proof Delay, see the two articles here: http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/Pros
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2007
    No. I would just want SmugMug to take my client's order and send me an e-mail containing the information I need to complete the order either on my own printers or with my lab.

My client would pay through SmugMug as normal. SmugMug could possibly set it up where they keep a small fee based upon the total order amount.

I've used another service (Pictology.com, not half as good as yours) that had a similar setup where I would go into my account and change the order status to "Shipped" after I had shipped it to my customer. This allowed me to keep track of which orders were complete and which ones were still in need of processing.
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2007
    No. I would just want SmugMug to take my client's order and send me an e-mail containing the information I need to complete the order either on my own printers or with my lab.

My client would pay through SmugMug as normal. SmugMug could possibly set it up where they keep a small fee based upon the total order amount.

I've used another service (Pictology.com, not half as good as yours) that had a similar setup where I would go into my account and change the order status to "Shipped" after I had shipped it to my customer. This allowed me to keep track of which orders were complete and which ones were still in need of processing.
    Oh - you want self-fulfillment, we don't have that, sorry :D
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Oh - you want self-fulfillment, we don't have that, sorry :D

I didn't ask if you had that, I asked if this was something you might have in the works, or how I could make it an official request. deal.gif
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2007
    I didn't ask if you had that, I asked if this was something you might have in the works, or how I could make it an official request. deal.gif
    Hi, consider the request made :) We don't have it in the works, I'm sorry to day - wish I had a better answer for you!