Options

First time at Cadillac Ranch...

KorosiveKorosive Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited March 14, 2007 in Journeys
Being locals of Amarillo, I can't believe my family has never visted this iconic area. As a boring Saturday passed, we decided to take the short trip to see these half buried classics.
418155259_8a81f55e29.jpg

418152038_ca0f3bff7c.jpg

418151428_6f1eec4453.jpg

418153255_7c885565f2.jpg

418153586_f2ea781028.jpg

418153872_b9a0c6bdac.jpg

418154690_df5762403f.jpg

418155586_4be9da0708.jpg

418155810_c389195bf1.jpg

As we left, three Thunderbirds were proudly parked. They must of been on their way back from a car show that was being held nearby in Canyon earilier. (I censored the plates, just incase it looks weird.) What I found most interesting is how they encourage graffiti, and stop by every once and a while to repaint the cars a solid color, and provide a clean canvas.

Notes: I don't know any of the people in these pictures, they are just other visiters.

All photos taken with a Canon Digital Rebel XT and Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens. The exif info should be in the Flickr link.

I hope you enjoyed my journey description and photos!

Check out my Flickr, I try to update often.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/korosive/

Comments

• Options
    MontesaMontesa Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    Cool cars
    How interesting! I love the last shot! cheerleader.gif
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    Korosive wrote:
    Being locals of Amarillo, I can't believe my family has never visted this iconic area. As a boring Saturday passed, we decided to take the short trip to see these half buried classics.

As we left, three Thunderbirds were proudly parked. They must of been on their way back from a car show that was being held nearby in Canyon earilier. (I censored the plates, just incase it looks weird.) What I found most interesting is how they encourage graffiti, and stop by every once and a while to repaint the cars a solid color, and provide a clean canvas.

Notes: I don't know any of the people in these pictures, they are just other visiters.

All photos taken with a Canon Digital Rebel XT and Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens. The exif info should be in the Flickr link.

I hope you enjoyed my journey description and photos!

Wow I've seen these cars in Magazines, even though I have been to Amarillo it was only to go to and from the Airport :D

Those cars look really weird, gosh they are so colourful, strange kind of ART, but I like it :D

Least the graffiti changes some people are very good at graffiti others need to go back to preschool to learn to do it with style rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for sharing........ Skippy

Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    PowderHoarPowderHoar Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    Very cool...been many years since I was there. The grafitti has gotten much more colorful.

Now we need some pictures of "CARHENGE" in Alliance Nebraska...
    It's a sick world and I'm a happy guy!
  • Options
    KorosiveKorosive Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    Thanks for the comments! These have been painted ALOT. There was about a one and a half inch layer of paint you could rip off the cars.
    Check out my Flickr, I try to update often.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/korosive/