Options

Photo Sales

leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited March 16, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have a pro account -- though much of my portfolio is offered with no markups. When folks order a marked up photo, it appears in my control panel.

However, I just found out that someone ordered photos from one of my non-marked galleries. It's probably been going on a long time and I just never knew about it.

How can I find out about sales of non-marked up items?

Lee

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    leebase wrote:
    How can I find out about sales of non-marked up items?

Lee
    You can't, sorry. We don't track or report on these. The solution, is to add a penny to the pricing. More here: http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    You can't, sorry. We don't track or report on these. The solution, is to add a penny to the pricing. More here: http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

I thought of that penny solution. Thanks,

Lee
  • Options
    kudryakudrya Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    sorry for the noob question... Does it mean that if you are not a pro-user everyone use your pictures for free ?
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2007
    kudrya wrote:
    sorry for the noob question... Does it mean that if you are not a pro-user everyone use your pictures for free ?
    Only with SmugMug pro can you price images at a profit, and be paid for them, yes.

http://www.smugmug.com/pro
  • Options
    edited March 12, 2007
    kudrya wrote:

You set what people can do. You set that people can or cannot see your photos. You set whether people can "right click, save as" a photo or not. An you can set whether someone can order a print or not.

All accounts have these settings.

If you want to make a profit on the sale of a print, you have to be a "pro" member.

Lee
  • Options
    crockettcrockett Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    leebase wrote:
    You set whether people can "right click, save as" a photo or not. An you can set whether someone can order a print or not.

All accounts have these settings.

Lee

Are sure about the right click thing? I'm a a power user and have been trying to disable right click "save as".

If this is correct, how does a power user do this? I'm familiar with customization as well.

And since I'm typing. Is there anyway for a power user to prevent galleries in smugmug style from displaying a larger photo when a visitor clicks on it?

Thanks.

David
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2007
    crockett wrote:
    Are sure about the right click thing? I'm a a power user and have been trying to disable right click "save as".

If this is correct, how does a power user do this? I'm familiar with customization as well.
    it's a pro feature only on SmugMug.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/image-protection
    And since I'm typing. Is there anyway for a power user to prevent galleries in smugmug style from displaying a larger photo when a visitor clicks on it?

Thanks.

David

You want to disable lightbox? Are you sure?
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    it's a pro feature only on SmugMug.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/image-protection

You want to disable lightbox? Are you sure?

Why do I get the feeling this a question I might regret answering?:D

I don't know what light box is but if I have a gallery forced to smugmug style (i.e. thums on the left, large version of the current selected photo on the right) and you click this photo it opens it up in an even larger size with S M L accross the top.

In some galleries I would like to disable the ability for them to click on this photo and have it open to the larger photo with S M L accross the top.

If this is lightbox then yes, I want to disable lightbox in galleries of my choosing.

Keep in mind I'm a power account. I can move this to customization if you wish.

Thanks.

David
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2007
    crockett wrote:
    Why do I get the feeling this a question I might regret answering?:D

I don't know what light box is but if I have a gallery forced to smugmug style (i.e. thums on the left, large version of the current selected photo on the right) and you click this photo it opens it up in an even larger size with S M L accross the top.

In some galleries I would like to disable the ability for them to click on this photo and have it open to the larger photo with S M L accross the top.

If this is lightbox then yes, I want to disable lightbox in galleries of my choosing.

Keep in mind I'm a power account. I can move this to customization if you wish.

Thanks.

David
    You can have it on or off for your whole site, only - not gallery basis, I'm sorry.

In your javascript, you'd put

useLightbox = false;
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    You can have it on or off for your whole site, only - not gallery basis, I'm sorry.

In your javascript, you'd put

useLightbox = false;

Thanks Andy. You sure do a great service.

David