Who's looking at my photos?

leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited March 13, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to view the info about folks looking at the images? At a minimum, can we find those sites linking to the photos?

Lee

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    leebase wrote:
    Is there a way to view the info about folks looking at the images? At a minimum, can we find those sites linking to the photos?

Lee
    Lee, please click "How To" at the top of the dgrin screen, in the navbar. Scroll to the bottom of the linked page, and get Statcounter and Google Analytics. Both will afford you a wealth of information on who is viewing your photos.

I hope this helps!
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Lee, please click "How To" at the top of the dgrin screen, in the navbar. Scroll to the bottom of the linked page, and get Statcounter and Google Analytics. Both will afford you a wealth of information on who is viewing your photos.

I have google analytics already installed -- and it's great at giving some information. But it's not great at giving the information requested.

Lee
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    leebase wrote:
    I have google analytics already installed -- and it's great at giving some information. But it's not great at giving the information requested.

Lee

Referring sites is available in GA.... ne_nau.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    leebase wrote:

Lee
    In Google Analytics, you are probably looking for 'referrals' or where visitors to your photos are coming from (links). To see this, look under "Marketing Optimization" in All Reports. Select "Visitor Segement Performance" and then "Referring Source". This is where all your visitors are coming from. It isn't specific to a page, but you get an idea.
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    cmason wrote:
    It isn't specific to a page, but you get an idea.

I don't want to know "in general" -- but specific photos -- specific sites that may have them linked.

Lee
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    leebase wrote:
    I don't want to know "in general" -- but specific photos -- specific sites that may have them linked.

Lee

About the only solution I have heard of that will provide this (and it isnt an analytic package like Google Analytics) is DigiMarc's MyPictureMarc. It is a digital fingerprinting app that provides image tracking. It is fee based.
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    Who Links to Me
    Would http://wholinkstome.com/ give you what you are looking for?

They are down right now but check them out in a day or so.