Slideshow window sizing

RSmithRSmith Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited March 19, 2007 in SmugMug Support
When a user clicks on Slideshow it opens a full-size window. I use a max view Medium size which is stretched to autofit the full-size window, which is ugly and requires the user to resize if they know how. Is there an option or fix for Slideshow within Smugmug that will only open a window that will fit medium size images without stretching? This should be the norm within Smugmug.

I have figured out a way to open the size window I want when using a slideshow link when linking the slideshow to an html page, see below, so it should at least an option, if not the norm, within Smugmug.

Here is an example:
<A HREF="javascript:void(0)"onclick="window.open('http://rsActionPhoto.smugmug.com/photos/sspopup.mg?AlbumID=2554594','slideshow','height=620, width=600,scrollbars=no')">Click Here to view Opening Day Slideshow</a>

Comments

• AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2007
    RSmith wrote:
    When a user clicks on Slideshow it opens a full-size window. I use a max view Medium size which is stretched to autofit the full-size window, which is ugly and requires the user to resize if they know how. Is there an option or fix for Slideshow within Smugmug that will only open a window that will fit medium size images without stretching? This should be the norm within Smugmug.

I have figured out a way to open the size window I want when using a slideshow link when linking the slideshow to an html page, see below, so it should at least an option, if not the norm, within Smugmug.

Here is an example:
    <A HREF="javascript:void(0)"onclick="window.open('http://rsActionPhoto.smugmug.com/photos/sspopup.mg?AlbumID=2554594','slideshow','height=620, width=600,scrollbars=no')">Click Here to view Opening Day Slideshow</a>

Hi,

I definitely understand not wanting stretched images in the slideshow. We actually have two slideshows: the full-screen slideshow you are referring to (which is indeed, full screen... not in a small window), and the slideshow viewing style.

You can turn off the full-screen slideshow button if you'd like, using customization.

Your visitors can select "slideshow" viewing style and see a slideshow in the window with medium images (or small).

I hope that helps!

-Anne
  • mishnogrammishnogram Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    Hi,

I definitely understand not wanting stretched images in the slideshow. We actually have two slideshows: the full-screen slideshow you are referring to (which is indeed, full screen... not in a small window), and the slideshow viewing style.

You can turn off the full-screen slideshow button if you'd like, using customization.

Your visitors can select "slideshow" viewing style and see a slideshow in the window with medium images (or small).

I hope that helps!

-Anne

Sorry to cut in but I was looking for an answer to a simliar issue. I noticed that the full screen slideshows take forever to load. A couple of my friends got turned off of smugmug because of it but was wondering if there was another way of changing the slideshow to a smaller size instead of going to the slideshow viewing style.

Thanks
    Min Lee
    lee-family.smugmug.com
  • xtinaxtina Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 14, 2007
    I agree!
    I agree about the slideshow. It's the only thing I don't like about SmugMug. The fullscreen slideshow can't be shut off for standard accounts and the dropdown slideshow doesnt open up in a new window so most users can't figure out how to get back to regular smugmug style if you give them a link to the slideshow. Please, please change the slideshow. Picasa and Zenfolio have better slideshows.
  • RSmithRSmith Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 19, 2007
    AnneMcBean wrote:
    Hi,

I hope that helps!

-Anne

My viewers have a set style to view. Is there some way to modify the code for the slideshow button to include code to allow choosing window size in customization or to control the size, like below:
    <A HREF="javascript:void(0)"onclick="window.open('htt p://rsActionPhoto.smugmug.com/photos/sspopup.mg?AlbumID=2554594','slideshow','height=60 0, width=600,scrollbars=no')">Click Here to view Opening Day Slideshow</a>