Why does SmugMug not include Lens Model in EXIF?

BenA2BenA2 Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
edited March 13, 2007 in SmugMug Support

I've been wondering this ever since I started using SmugMug. But, today, I was looking at a picture, dying to know what was used, and found myself needing to ask this of the SmugMug crew.

Before posting this, I of course searched on "Lens EXIF" in the forum and had my memory refreshed of discussing a topic similar to this before, here. Bigwebguy, back in the day, you were all about the lens EXIF data. Now you're programing the EXIF UI, are you not? Still interested in this? It seems like it would fit nicely in the "Basic" tab.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    BenA2 wrote:

I've been wondering this ever since I started using SmugMug. But, today, I was looking at a picture, dying to know what was used, and found myself needing to ask this of the SmugMug crew.

Before posting this, I of course searched on "Lens EXIF" in the forum and had my memory refreshed of discussing a topic similar to this before, here. Bigwebguy, back in the day, you were all about the lens EXIF data. Now you're programing the EXIF UI, are you not? Still interested in this? It seems like it would fit nicely in the "Basic" tab.
    Right now we don't store it in our DB when we process the images. It would require a db change to start doing it.
  • BenA2BenA2 Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Right now we don't store it in our DB when we process the images. It would require a db change to start doing it.
    Well... bummer.

Thanks for the quick answer though.