Girl's Lax

wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
edited March 15, 2007 in Sports
Finally out of the indoor gym and back outside. It was the first pre-season game for my daughter's high school Girl's Lax teams.

Also finally got to try out my new Sigma 50-500 (it was really fun!).

Only thing, I forgot to reset the ISO from indoors, so I shot everything at 800, but doesn't look like it picked up too much noise. However, grass is still pretty dry, no a lot of color in these early spring shots...

Regards

Will

135851396-M.jpg

135851293-M.jpg

My wife took this one:

135851451-M.jpg
Regards

Will

Comments

• likwidlikwid Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    Hi Will.

Great pics. I think the first one would look good if you made a closer crop that only keeps the girl with her mouth open, the girl jumping and the goalie. That is what i find interesting in the picture and it would bring more focus to them and remove any distractions. I really like the last one that your wife took. Intense clap.gif

// Sebastian
    Canon EOS 30D | Sigma EX 18-50/2.8 DC
    Sony A-100 | Sony 18-70 kit lens | Tamron 70-300mm 4-5.6 | Minolta 50mm 1.7
    // Sebastian
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    Better?

136073501-M.jpg

Generally I like to crop pretty closely, but I had just recently had a brief talk with one of the coaches who told me she likes to look at the pictures and figure out what things the girls are doing right/wrong, etc. (Like why is #7 just standing there?) So they like the crop wider...

I also worry about cropping too closely since I'm never sure what dimension prints folks may want--and leaving a little excess seems to leave more options for the customer when cropping. What do other folks do with images on thier smugmug sites?
    Regards

Will
    Hi.
    I understand that they don't want the crop but from i photographic point of view I like this better. You get more of the action and nothing is distracting your mind. thumb.gif

Now I can really see what a great pic it is. clap.gif

// Sebastian
    Canon EOS 30D | Sigma EX 18-50/2.8 DC
    Sony A-100 | Sony 18-70 kit lens | Tamron 70-300mm 4-5.6 | Minolta 50mm 1.7
    // Sebastian