a day at the park

photojphotoj Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
edited March 15, 2007 in People
I went with my fiancée and her kids to the park last weekend. While there I shot a few images of the kids at play on one of the play grounds. This one jumped out at me, I have one of her brother too but I don't like it as well. He was wearing a hat and it placed to much shadow on his eyes. I did very little to the image as far as touch-up. Any suggestions?
"Make it don't take it!"

Jason

Comments

• photojphotoj Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    Her brother
    If I don't post his and he finds out I'll never hear the end of it. Besides any ideas on how I could lighten his face so as to see his eyes under that cap.
    "Make it don't take it!"

Jason
  • peterst6906peterst6906 Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    Hi Photoj,

Love the colors of the first one. Nice and bright, although it looks to me like it has a slight green cast.

Hope you don't mind me playing around with it slightly. He's a slight correction that looks more natural to me (but my correction could be a mistake). I didn't sharpen at all, although the original could probably do with some to really make it sharp.

Regards,

Peter
    It's not my camera's fault, I'm just visually illiterate
    edited March 14, 2007
    green cast
    your right, I didn't see it until after the correction. Part of the problem of being a little color blind.
    "Make it don't take it!"

Jason
    edited March 14, 2007
    shaper
    Peter,
    You were right, I did not think of sharpen when I was working on it. I also worked on the color too. I think it is better. Let me know what you think.

PhotoJ
    "Make it don't take it!"

Jason
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    Extremely colorful shot - I like it a lot! You captured a nice fleeting moment here - well done.

Peter's version of the shot (at least to my eye) is the most "right on" from a color balance/white balance perspective.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
    edited March 15, 2007
    I agree
    I agree and thanks for the comments
    "Make it don't take it!"

Jason