Picture of a pitcher.

wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
edited March 14, 2007 in Sports
Hope ya like this one. If not tell me why.

420678369_1e6eb60863.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    Seen it done before and I like the look. I've heard of MX photographers do the same thing with a burst sequence on a jump. Never been quite sure of the technique. Did you use a tripod to keep the background the exact same from snap to snap? How much work in Photoshop did it take? I think certain Nikons can actually do this in-camera.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • H e r bH e r b Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    VERY COOL, gotta know how you did it. I'm traveling with a softball team this spring and summer and would love to get this shot for our girls.
  • jbswearjbswear Registered Users Posts: 167 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    I love the sequence, but I'm not fond of the darker area around. The pitcher really doesn't need to be framed like that, as he is drawing all attention from the surrounding areas of the picture.

If that were fixed, I think it would be a great shot.
    Semper fi,
    Brad
    www.facebook.com/SwearingenTurnings -- Hand made pens by yours truly
  • wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    jbswear wrote:
    I love the sequence, but I'm not fond of the darker area around. The pitcher really doesn't need to be framed like that, as he is drawing all attention from the surrounding areas of the picture.

If that were fixed, I think it would be a great shot.

Thanks Bill! The sequence was shot handheld, I try to keep something in the frame for reference i.e. the fence so when I drag one photo on top of the other I get them lined up correctly, two ways I do these, either mask the subject then erase around it, or just stack one then carefully erase around it, then bring on the next one.

Thanks Herb, see above for the work flow.

jbswear, thanks for the comment and I tend to agree about the vignette.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    Very cool idea! I shall have to try this.

I agree regarding the vignetting, it's too heavy handed. Me, I'd crop the sucker tighter.

The background's busy, too. I know ya need a $$$$ large aperture lens to blur it, but it would look nicer.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    wxwax wrote:
    Very cool idea! I shall have to try this.

I agree regarding the vignetting, it's too heavy handed. Me, I'd crop the sucker tighter.

The background's busy, too. I know ya need a $$$$ large aperture lens to blur it, but it would look nicer.
    Thanks Sid! I did crop it tighter and it is a totally different pic!

Shot that with the 70-200 f4..........can't afford the 2.8 :(