Shopping cart is available on latest gallery (and I have shopping cart globally off)

HCPHCP Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited March 14, 2007 in SmugMug Support
So I uploaded about 50 files to a gallery (style = all thumbs) and when I went to view it, I unhappily discovered the shopping cart option was available. I thought that by following early FAQ info, I had the shopping cart option turned off for my entire site.

I made the gallery private because I am tired and don't want to leave this gallery open to the public with the shopping cart options showing.

Any clues as to what I or smugmug did?

site is hcphoto.smugmug.com
gallery is http://hcphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/2561493

I'll check in the morning for insight. Thanks in advance for the help, HCP.

Thanks for any pointers, or if I need to report this somewhere else, please let me know.
:scratch
hcphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    HCP wrote:
    So I uploaded about 50 files to a gallery (style = all thumbs) and when I went to view it, I unhappily discovered the shopping cart option was available. I thought that by following early FAQ info, I had the shopping cart option turned off for my entire site.

I made the gallery private because I am tired and don't want to leave this gallery open to the public with the shopping cart options showing.

Any clues as to what I or smugmug did?

site is hcphoto.smugmug.com
    gallery is http://hcphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/2561493

I'll check in the morning for insight. Thanks in advance for the help, HCP.

Thanks for any pointers, or if I need to report this somewhere else, please let me know.
    headscratch.gif
    Hello wave.gif

I'm not sure what you mean by "the shopping cart option turned off for my entire site". The only method of setting printable to 'no' is to use the quicksettings.

The gallery you have linked to, has printable set to 'yes', so the cartbuttons are showing correctly.

You may be able to remove the shoppingcartbuttons by using CSS, but you seem to have done that only for keyword pages. This is not the same as setting printable to 'no', but you simply remove the buttons from sight.

Let us know what exactly it is that you want to do.
  • HCPHCP Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Hello wave.gif

I'm not sure what you mean by "the shopping cart option turned off for my entire site". The only method of setting printable to 'no' is to use the quicksettings.

The gallery you have linked to, has printable set to 'yes', so the cartbuttons are showing correctly.

You may be able to remove the shoppingcartbuttons by using CSS, but you seem to have done that only for keyword pages. This is not the same as setting printable to 'no', but you simply remove the buttons from sight.

Let us know what exactly it is that you want to do.

Ah ha. I was so tired last night I wasn't seeing it. I didn't intend to have printable set to yes. I use a gallery template to create galleries and in the template printable is set to no. I must have unknowingly clicked on yes when I went back in to doublecheck the customization settings.

Regarding what I meant when I said I have the cart globally turned off. I have it turned off in the footer that appears on every page, and as I said I have printable turned to no in my gallery template (we have a pro account but don't use the printing process that goes with smugmug), and also in the keyword pages. So to me, I have it turned off everywhere it's possible to turn it off. It's been so long since I saw a cart appear on one of my gallery pages, I just couldn't figure it out last night.

Thanks very much. I've set printable to no and all is good now. -PK clap.gif
    hcphoto.smugmug.com