LPS#1 Frozen Air

pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
edited March 16, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I know we got a lot of ice this week, but the theme lends itself to it. Plus I just got my new macro lens and it's way easier to macro ice then steam :D

So which picture/crop/color you guys like best? Or any other comments?

FrozenOxygen01.jpg

FrozenOxygen02.jpg
pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    Pyro,
    I know we got a lot of ice this week, but the theme lends itself to it. Plus I just got my new macro lens and it's way easier to macro ice then steam :D

So which picture/crop/color you guys like best? Or any other comments?

Very nice idea in general, but...
    Neither- IMHOrolleyes1.gif - reminds me about either steamy or chilled ne_nau.gif

First is a cool abstract, albeit a little on a soft side.

Second one has the green coloration that has no obvious explanation and can be treated as dirt, inaccuracy, light's fall off - in any case, a distraction, at least compared to a rather pure shot #1.

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    Very nice idea in general, but...
    Neither- IMHOrolleyes1.gif - reminds me about either steamy or chilled ne_nau.gif

First is a cool abstract, albeit a little on a soft side.

Second one has the green coloration that has no obvious explanation and can be treated as dirt, inaccuracy, light's fall off - in any case, a distraction, at least compared to a rather pure shot #1.

HTH

Hmmm I take it this doesn't really look like ice? Shoot.
    edited March 15, 2007
    Pyro,
    Hmmm I take it this doesn't really look like ice? Shoot.
    I'm sorry, but not to me ne_nau.gif
    I mean, I can guess that's it's probably an ice, but it's not my immediate reaction.
    Cool shot though! thumb.gif
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 15, 2007
    Yeah, I'm not feelin' either of these images.
    edited March 15, 2007
    Fair enough. I have about another 10 images I've considered. Since posting them all here would be a pain, here is the link to the gallery:
    http://www.divshare.com/download/232226-e3f

If anyone wants to take the time to check out the photos and see if they like any, I'd apreciate it. Thank you.

PS: Looks like North East is getting some snow tommorow, so I may yet get some shots in.
    edited March 15, 2007
    Pyro,
    Fair enough. I have about another 10 images I've considered. Since posting them all here would be a pain, here is the link to the gallery:

If anyone wants to take the time to check out the photos and see if they like any, I'd apreciate it. Thank you.

PS: Looks like North East is getting some snow tommorow, so I may yet get some shots in.

I looked it over (man, is the server slow or is it just me?)
    I liked this one more than the others: http://www.divshare.com/download/232235-fa1

However, I must say that they all look just like snapshots ne_nau.gif and hence require some major PS work to "deliver". deal.gif
    On the bright side, I've seen your other work and I'm sure you can pull it. thumb.gif
  • pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007

I like the shot of the bird but the stick coming out of it's head is distracting and the shot is slightly soft. Cheers.
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
    edited March 16, 2007
    Thank you all for your feedback. Jersey is getting some freezing rain/snow right now so this morning I managed to get some macro photography in (why yes, it is pretty uncomfortable, doing micro photography in the freezing rain, thanks for asking :D). Anyhow, I rather like the results. I rather like 2 and 3 myself. I also fixed up the bird a bit.

1. Frozen Rain on my car.
    FrozenRain_01.jpg

2. Evergreens
    FrozenRain_02.jpg

3. More evergreens
    FrozenRain_03.jpg

4. Pinecone (or a very sneaky armadillo).
    FrozenRain_04.jpg

5. Sharpened and de-sticked bird.
    ChillyBird.jpg
    edited March 16, 2007
    Pyro,
    1. Frozen Rain on my car.
    2. Evergreens
    3. More evergreens
    4. Pinecone (or a very sneaky armadillo).
    5. Sharpened and de-sticked bird.

My thoughts:
    1. It does not tell me anything about the car, but it does look chilled. thumb.gif
      I vote for this one! deal.gif
    2. Nice, but looks somehow similar to Tlee and Pemmett entries, you'd be at disadvantage
    3. same as #2
    4. Again, no clue this is a pinecone; In general, less punch than #1
    5. Well, it's a bird and the snowy background.... If the theme were "bird or snow"...ne_nau.gif
    HTH
    edited March 16, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    My thoughts:
    1. It does not tell me anything about the car, but it does look chilled. thumb.gif
      I vote for this one! deal.gif
    2. Nice, but looks somehow similar to Tlee and Pemmett entries, you'd be at disadvantage
    3. same as #2
    4. Again, no clue this is a pinecone; In general, less punch than #1
    5. Well, it's a bird and the snowy background.... If the theme were "bird or snow"...ne_nau.gif
    HTH

Spasibo za feedback :D I'm not sure that #1 has enough "pop". I'm not sure that #2+#3 are similar to Pemmet's, and only somewhat to Tlee's. I dunno, I'm conflicted. I'll prolly enter #3 or #1. We'll see.
    edited March 16, 2007
    Pyro,
    Spasibo za feedback :D I'm not sure that #1 has enough "pop". I'm not sure that #2+#3 are similar to Pemmet's, and only somewhat to Tlee's. I dunno, I'm conflicted. I'll prolly enter #3 or #1. We'll see.

Ne za chto :-)

In any case, the choice is yours, and I'm not the judge (this time lol3.gif-)

May try some bold LAB curves on #3? headscratch.gif